Restarting my hifi journey

In summary on the Nord connect pro V3 and the Ares ii...

The Nord is a cost effective streaming player without the colorful display like other players. It is a dull looking set with wonderful remote controls from the mobile phone via app like 4Stream (read no physical remote control needed).

The limitations of music streaming services like deezer which only streams hifi (CD) quality to their specific hardware manufacturer like Node 2i, has restricted me to consider the 2i initially. Here came along this half price Nord option to stream using apps like 4Stream (built-in login for deezer) or Double Twist Pro (paid app) for android airplay option has fulfilled my music enjoyment with very good quality in term no lagging in using the apps and a coaxial output (44.1khz) to the external dac. Can't comment much on the sound quality of the Nord as it is processed by the Ares ii dac.

Ares ii - Analog, Clear, Separation, Soundstage are the keywords to describe its strength. NOS or OS is available for tuning to your sound liking. Weakness it may sound too airy to someone who like analytical sounding dac.

onwards for the amp search...

Great help from bros below on information they had shared...

http://geekout.io/index_files/The_truth_about_AirPlay_audio_streams.html

Hope the above link helps.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Link from Bro Z dust cap/pwr amp thread...

you can experiment.

Put your amp on 1/4 power.

Turn your pre amp way higher to achieve your usual listening level.

You will notice that the vocals now sound super concentrated in the middle and come forward from the soundstage. This is an effect of audio signal saturation in the signal path (a kind of dynamic compression).

Some people actually like this effect....

As the Nord output is quite high, I set the volume to 3/4 and the vocal saturation issue is resolved...

Thanks all.

^^^^^^^

Ares ii - Analog, Clear, Separation, Soundstage are the keywords to describe its strength. NOS or OS is available for tuning to your sound liking. Weakness it may sound too airy to someone who like analytical sounding dac.

onwards for the amp search...

means you selling ares ii?

:o :o :o

^^^^^^^

means you selling ares ii?

:o :o :o

no lah...ares ii is a keeper...i haven't got a better amp....is using a basic denon integrated now...

if selling ares ii, you wana buy? i sell at $2xxx....whahahah...run-in condition

In summary on the Nord connect pro V3 and the Ares ii...

The Nord is a cost effective streaming player without the colorful display like other players. It is a dull looking set with wonderful remote controls from the mobile phone via app like 4Stream (read no physical remote control needed).

Hi, Can your Nord stream DSD to Ares II? and with which connection?

Thanks.

After a few days of speakers comparison, i have decided to part with my AE301. Nothing wrong with the sounding of these speakers which i had owned them for the past 2yrs.

I found that it is easier to integrate my sealed sub with the AVI. The AE301 does quite low bass with its front ported slit.

20200924-142917.jpg

If you prefer a new pair of AE301, you may get them from X-Audio (http://www.xtremeplace.com/yabbse/index.php?topic=299650.msg1352363#msg1352363)

I rate my AE301 at 8/10 which translate to -1 for they are used set and -1 for no warranty left.

Letting go at -50% of new set at $275.

Pls feel free to PM me. Thanks.

20200924-143253.jpg

20200924-143320.jpg

20200924-143348.jpg

Congrats on your purchase and enjoy!

Though I still think that your speaker is the bottleneck considering the electronics you newly acquired, but it doesn't matter anyway ;)

Thanks man...

;D ;D ;D on the part of the speakers...

6c1c40aaef22568e24d69f8d02b01100.jpg

Good news in my pursue of having Deezer to stream premium (HiFi) quality via Nord connect pro V3...awaits December 2020...

Bro DJ FYI...

My comms with Deezer:

20200925-134629.jpg

My comms with 4Stream:

20200925-134805.jpg

Cheers all!

Woah nice updates. Thank for sharing the [emoji106]. Now is sit back and wait out for the updates.

[emoji32][emoji32][emoji32]

What was the consideration on getting this or just whack first [emoji1787][emoji1787]

Please refer to the 1st post of this thread...this amp purchase was based on a long and deliberated action...never was it a just whack first thinking... [emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787]