upgrade opinion.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

thanks all.. i think i will just jump on roksan k3 integrated  amp + audiolab 6000n or cambridge audio cxn v2.

i hope this will give me a better sound stage at the same time enjoy my HT.

Now that you have decided the bulk of the money is going into music, it will do well to get a good stereo setup independent of your HT system. Your current front speakers are fine.

If you are into the CA family, do consider the Edge NQ + W combo.

The W power amp has a switch between XLR and RCA, so you can go from the NQ to the W with XLR and then take a preout from your Denon via RCA.

I've pm you if you want a listen..

I’m using the Bluetooth of the rotel michi P5 and it’s amazing..

My integrated amps don't have bluetooth receiver so I bought inexpensive bluetooth DAC from Ebay to try. I was quite surprised with the sound. Not bad at all. The gain is noticeably lower and have to turn up volume higher but other that that the sound is quite good. 

Do update us know what you chose eventually and did the upgrade met with your expectation.

thanks fooklai. i went ahead with roksan k3 and bluesound node 2i.

happy to say that after i subscribe to tidal, they exceed my expectations.

now browsing for a new sub to replace my kk 808 and as well the denon 4300. have yet to decide still have a lot of reading to do.

after all these upgrade i hope i can sleep well..  ;D

I’m using the Bluetooth of the rotel michi P5 and it’s amazing..

pete. somehow i tested using the bluetooth thru my k3 vs using bluesound node 2i, i can tell u the difference is like hill vs mountain.

should try with a proper streamer.

thanks fooklai. i went ahead with roksan k3 and bluesound node 2i.

happy to say that after i subscribe to tidal, they exceed my expectations.

now browsing for a new sub to replace my kk 808 and as well the denon 4300. have yet to decide still have a lot of reading to do.

after all these upgrade i hope i can sleep well..  ;D

Glad that the recommendation exceeded your expectation. If you like music then must get seal sub as it would be faster compare to port sub, JL is not bad as I have heard from a few forumers house.

I am using Bluesound node 2i also, it is huge difference to me between tidal hifi compare to bluetooth streaming, not sure is it because of blusound device. Maybe Pete's Cambridge is better.

Come and listen to the Cambridge Audio Edge NQ friend...

yes yes pete.. will arrange separately with you..

whenever i see ur gears.. i will get heart attack.. very very solid and $$$..  :-X hahaha.