Dirty electricity filter Greenwave

On 1/27/2021 at 8:34 AM, pcking said:

It’s not the cable but rather the Charger itself. 

In general, most generic DC adaptors are noisy and will inject the noise back into the AC. 

If it’s a must to plug in an AC adaptor into the same power strip as our Hi-Fi, consider replacing it with an ifi or LPSU. 

great, thanks for sharing! not well versed about these as all as you can tell. 

😉

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I have equipment to measure Normal Mode Noise (Line to Neutral), Common Mode Noise (Neutral to Ground) & also the famous Line EMI Meter. I'm doing case study to find out the before and after

wow!!! he really went indepth into all readings!!  1) i have 2 Dedicated lines into the MCB for my hifi/ht. ( done about 3 years ago) 2) i changed out all my house wiring about 2 years ago f

It’s not the cable but rather the Charger itself.    In general, most generic DC adaptors are noisy and will inject the noise back into the AC.    If it’s a must to plug in an AC adaptor

Posted Images

On 10/24/2020 at 3:07 PM, Gondon72 said:

May i know where can get this US to UK converter?  i just tried those that bought from  hardware store just now.

Anyway, i think is my whole house wiring problem is it is a very old HDB flat.  Bought this to try on my extension plug for my PC as my pc is causing humming high pitch sound on and off.

tested with the EMI meter.

PC off, monitor off, greenwave off = 250mV

PC off, monitor off, greenwave on = 90mV

PC on, monitor on, greenwave off  = 1800mV

PC on, monitor on, greenwave on  = 230mV

took out the greenwave as i can hear a humming sound from it like 1.5meters away(tested with 2 greenwave).  Guess is really my house wiring that is too old that causes all these humming sound. Alas, rewiring whole house is a pain with all the furnitures...zzzzzz

If your wiring terminal is correct, it does not matter if your house hold wiring is old, does not make sense. I have also noted that after paying so much for isolation transformers and Balance transformer the output noise on the EMI meter still reads the same as the mains input. With out the Greenwave contacted. Can any one care to comment???

On 1/28/2021 at 5:27 PM, jtsamarinda said:

If your wiring terminal is correct, it does not matter if your house hold wiring is old, does not make sense. I have also noted that after paying so much for isolation transformers and Balance transformer the output noise on the EMI meter still reads the same as the mains input. With out the Greenwave contacted. Can any one care to comment???

This part I am not sure.  Nowadays I notice that my speakers will have electrical interrupt sound for about 2 seconds when i turned off the air-con in my room.

• 2 months later...

I have equipment to measure Normal Mode Noise (Line to Neutral), Common Mode Noise (Neutral to Ground) & also the famous Line EMI Meter.

I'm doing case study to find out the before and after effect of power conditioners, DAC, and other power filter products in the market. 

Anyone interested to find out if your setup is working as promised?

We can arrange a time which I can visit your premise and check on your power quality using my tools.

I doing this FOC and only require you to welcome me.

You can see the power quality on my PC oscilloscope and your result will be share with you.

Do PM me if you are interested.

Btw, I managed to get a result of 10mV after a power conditioner which raw Guild power was 1987mV on the Line EMI Meter, photo as proof.

20201223_104305 - Copy.jpg

20201223_103758 - Copy.jpg

please do call me at 96660233, u can come and measure all readings to post here. do bring any buddies  along too.. but lets stick to a maximum of 8 due to the stupid covid laws.

can also do demo of whatever you have in mind, i am a retiree, so i have all the time in the world to enjoy this hobby. but 5.30pm onwards, i got my 2nd hobby, which is to drink at the kopitiam.

9.30am to 5.30pm, monday to friday i will be free. sat n sun is my stressfull day as the wifey is in to scream her head off!! so its no go for sat n sun.

my address is at the bottom of each n every post i make. cheers!!!!

On 4/7/2021 at 1:15 AM, CASH said:

please do call me at 96660233, u can come and measure all readings to post here. do bring any buddies  along too.. but lets stick to a maximum of 8 due to the stupid covid laws.

can also do demo of whatever you have in mind, i am a retiree, so i have all the time in the world to enjoy this hobby. but 5.30pm onwards, i got my 2nd hobby, which is to drink at the kopitiam.

9.30am to 5.30pm, monday to friday i will be free. sat n sun is my stressfull day as the wifey is in to scream her head off!! so its no go for sat n sun.

my address is at the bottom of each n every post i make. cheers!!!!

Thanks for volunteering. I had contacted you by watsapp. 

I like the way you place your available time above. lol

3pm today, i will be having my "electricity" measured. Any 7 more free people wanna see how its done? only 8 people allowed due to the damn stupid covid ruling...3pm peep's!!! hehehehe!!!!

Don’t forget to post your findings...

One suggestion... measure the noise with your PC ON & Shutdown. I’m keen to see how much junk a PC injects into the power line...

Edited by Boxerfan88

okie buddy... i guess it will be the Desktop PC located in my hifi rack correct? because i have a Laptop PC located in the other end part of my Hall...