Dirty electricity filter Greenwave

I am sure many of us are aware how important it is to keep the noise levels low in a system to achieve and bring out the best in our gear. There are many ways to do this, and there are many factors like external noise, room ambient noise, electrical noise generated by equipment, acoustics, power conditioners etc, in short, these make up the room criterion for noise

Going through the process along the way, the few things that I have improved on, includes lowering room noise, improving acoustics and trying as much blocking external noise entering the room . The results are phenomenal, the system takes on a whole new level. Those who came for the demo, will understand that point .

With electrical noise, which is part of the room criterion for good noise levels, I’ve used the plixir elite power conditioner. that has been proven to be extremely effective . The electricity that enters our home, are often dirty electricity that pollutes the system, is this audible ? It is a resounding YES ! It can be noticed in 2 ways, the first is through the video seen, (you can see the noise on screen), and the second, is through sound, that can be heard .

The biggest culprit that we have discovered, is the air conditioner in our homes. The dirty electricity levels are crazily high when turned on. I suspect this is due to inverter type of air conditioner. Many Bros experienced this. However I do not have a similar experience as them, as my air conditioner is the old type, non inverter type. It doesn’t introduce any noise whatsoever into the power lines. Amazing stuff, as they say, old is gold, this applies here

Let’s get on with greenwave. What are these, you can read it here

https://greenwavefilters.com/

They filter out EMI and EMF (read link above) through 2 types of capacitors and they have the international filters that supports up to 250v with USA 2/3 pin connectors , seen on their site

Quote:

the main microfarad capacitor targets “traditional” EMI noise, starting at approximately 6 kHz and goes up to 10MHz. This capacitor shunts from line to neutral.

-  the filter also includes two nanofarad capacitors that target high frequency EMI noise above 1 MHz. Most effective range is 10 MHz – 300 MHz. These nanofarad capacitors shunt to ground.

A few important things to know about this -

o    EMI noise above 1MHz is not as common as lower frequency EMI noise.

o    EMI noise above 1 MHz behaves differently than lower frequency EMI noise. It tends to capacitively couple from one line to another on its own (e.g., from line to neutral, line to ground, and/or neutral to ground). Meaning… it often finds its way to ground anyway. The  filters can shorten the loop.

Putting it to test , here is what I have discovered

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Before we enter into test results, let’s look at the pics , we ordered in bulk, after the first unit was tested to be extremely good and effective

7791cf10914cacac132bc46af82b3dad.jpg

920787e61befbc0518b09335aadce5dc.jpg

I’m using one of these adapters, into the spare aircond like socket , I think it’s the South African type of connector 15a

It also works using any adapter from japan home $1.5-$2 Plugged directly onto the wall sockets

92a346985b41a4daa4d7ae5b7a2dee35.jpg

In case u want to know the size

c5ffb5d939de3084163d169f4b5be4b4.jpg

2cf58be127de7e5238ab73484ffc6470.jpg

According to gene, the president of greenwave, the filters have a 20 year shelf life , for the price, it’s extremely value for money if you factor in depreciation

How did I placed this ? ideally, they have recommendations on their site, which you can follow, and a guide that tells you where to place them and how to place them, using an line EMI meter

dc7c6d4953bbd262887a4dd0c91fb500.jpg

I got this emi meter from aliexpress, for about $75 during the promo period, this meter has been benched against other similar EMi meters and they are rather consistent and accurate from my personal tests . So the meter is very accurate as far as my tests shows . Armed with this emi meter, I proceeded to test socket by socket and here are the results :

92a3a7960e324011862a81fbe8afd1b6.jpg

It can be seen from above that the TV area, (OLED tv in room), fridge , washing machine, are areas where noise is present and are at a higher level, as I discovered using the Meter conducting test on sockets at various locations 1 by 1

Before we do all of that tests, it is also advisable to do a simple test to Ensure the wiring within the sockets are all good.

I use a 3 pin uk plug tester like this to identify all the electrical issues in the home

85202a79e83c6ebf06b818bea31f364d.jpg

e01d973c488b5cb633647e247ed978b1.jpg

Everything was wired correctly at home, so no issues. My various tests also reveals very good Low noise levels in the entire home

I bought it for like 6 bucks from amazon in the past, but can no longer find it

3b7479b913365504ff7a5968cc8d157b.jpg

These are simple steps for verification, that will give you peace of mind knowing all the electrical wiring within the home is done correctly . If you need help, please engage a qualified electrician !!! Very important

Now that we have checked all wiring is good, we look at the device

26efa56cae0840811516e1fd144ed620.jpg

On the USA version, meant for USA markets 110v, they have an plug through adapter , like the pic above. So you don’t need separate sockets

But unlike the international version of filters, it doesn’t have it !

dd0dd4d61a327d3c352af38884d7db67.jpg

You can see from above, so thank god most of the sockets at my place, are dual, it helps facilitate plugging one of these into it.

I didn’t only use this on the system, but all over the home, as it provides not only benefit for sound and video; but health ! Read the documents and link on the greenwave , it’s also apparently used in schools, good for studies as minds are calmer etc etc

My Mrs used to tell me those days, I didn’t really listen, but brushed it aside. Fast forward to today, she just looked at me and smiled and said :” told u before”.... & I went.... [emoji847][emoji847] (paiseh) 

Next, the best location to place this, is at the sockets nearest the MCB , as it enters the  home, the nearer it is the home theatre equipment, the better ( if they share that same line)

If you are using a Bada

8c794db9aa977f0c76216277578cb773.jpg

Plug this into “direct current” . DO NOT plug into the conditioner sockets . T is counter productive . Plug it into direct current, and any other sockets sharing that same line, will benefit will a “cleansed” power along that current path

Definitely DO Not plug this into the plixir, as that one uses balanced power. It should be plugged in to the socket before the plixir, or socket sharing the same line

One very important thing to note is, apart from the noise from external lines, there are other equipments at home, that once turned on, introduce noise.

From my experience, the Apollon 8 channel amplifier using SMPS introduced the most noise into my set up

The purifi 1ET400 is first class, together with ati525 amplifier that uses linear power supply, is extremely good and clean sounding

Let’s have a quick look at a video on how effective this is

[embed=425,349]

[/embed]

Video courtesy of another member

As can be seen from the video above, the noise levels are extremely high with air conditioners turned on. Turning the filters on off shows how is greatly reduced and improved

The greenwave filters are extremely effective and a lot better than so many other similar filters out there. I’ll not mention brands. Hence I will not share those videos. But my person tests confirms this is “THE REAL DEAL”

This is the levels I’m seeing now in my home, with full blast all aircond turned on etc

419e8617445ab202179315bfcd78c7ad.jpg

Apparently with the filters on, it stabilises the current and prevents surges and spikes . In short, this also helps regulate power, as can be seen, it’s very consistent at 240vac 13mv noise the whole house

This is extremely, extremely good levels , it can be seen from improvement on the video , Netflix , the noise levels on screen all gone ! When you see improvement on pic quality, 100% guaranteed to hear the difference in sound improvement

Remember there are two ways to improve dynamic range, one is to lower the noise floor and room criterion, the other is to use A good dac with good higher dynamic range like the ones on Sabre 9038 pro, that does 140db dynamic range.

Combining the two, the effective pipeline in dynamic range increases, the results are phenomenal! The system takes on a whole new level when the pipe gets bigger

Enjoy [emoji6]

Very good stuff, I highly recommend you get these. Very very effective. I will share more pics and videos along the way.

I didn’t think of sharing other videos, as it will make other products look bad

For the equipment already plugged into the Plixir, does the addition of the Greenwave make a difference?

Correction in bold below

Yes it does bro, I’m using plixir elite 3000. Plixir cube 4, frank PE35 ground loop filter, and I still found benefits. Can be plugged into the plixir, plugged onto the wall sockets or the dedicated sockets . The reading from the EMI meter with all equipment turned on, including air conditioner, shows very Low levels of dirty electricity

Air conditioners are the killer , especially the inverter type. Mine is a 20 year old unit, old version. So no such issues

But.... if your sockets are these type, then you will have to sacrifice the second socket

e6271fd168f3dc9467b0e01ff10f5526.jpg

See this above, its so close together . That is why I posted with the tape measure above, so we can gauge the length

If u plug it in to sockets that are providing the power supply for your source equipment, u will enjoy it ! [emoji16]

There is only USA 3 pin or USA 2 pin version. They don’t have uk plug. But u need to choose international filter on the site, that version supports up to 250v

Just buy from site online , then use amazon pay , they ship it to Singapore directly. But we just shipped in 54 pieces I think they probably ran out of stock. But check with gene on the site

This one is the real deal, the filter is very effective , tested and proven

One can use an adapter like this below, from japan home

a77f521751610b28e77df1e787b8679b.jpg

Does the job !

But do not use it like this , stacked

6b1e61c57b21f2178f92ae7b441428c8.jpg

Subwoofer stacked ok, this one don’t stack ! Lol

Remember, this is same like noise, you have external noise from outside, and internal ambient noise within the room.

Similarly, we have external dirty electricity entering the home, and we also have internal equipment within the home generating dirty electricity

Yea it seems to work with a 4 way extension plug as well. Someone else did the test and it shows improvement with multiple filter plugs . But the best is to the direct sockets, or direct current sockets on the Bada type conditioner, very effective so far, transforms the Bada conditioner into something else...

But some other equipment, like this dehumidifier in the pic below, once turned on, introduces a lot of noise.

So if you have this equipment in the room, to keep the room humidity levels at comfortable 45-50%, you need to turn this dehumidifier off while playing back the system

adb82cb0c0575ebf894970c9017761ef.jpg

Hope that helps.

We ordered in bulk 54 pieces of 3 pin USA plugs, they ran out of stock for the 3 pin version, I think they only have the 2 pin USA version for now, took almost a month . But once stock was in, it took 1 day for payment, 10 days for goods to reach door step

The 3 pin is easier so we don’t have to second Guess which way to plug it in...

Hey guys, heads up. I’m not selling this stuff. I bought it from greenwave directly, on behalf of 18 friends who are also in this audio hobby . It was a mass order purchase done a month ago, maybe someone can conduct the MO now and talk to gene

It is good stuff, u will also need an EMI meter to determine where best to place this.

I assure you that you will not regret with this. It’s good quality stuff , the real deal with cleaning dirty electricity. Tested and proven , that is the reason why I’m sharing this for the benefit of everyone .

I would place at least one of this, at the location where the source equipment is connected. So as power enters the room, it is being filtered before your conditioner does a second job of cleaning it.

Are the results good? Extremely good if u ask me, especially if you are using inverter type air conditioner that introduces a lot of dirty electricity

I’m just sharing the technical aspects and what this stuff does,  So do not PM or email me for buying or selling this stuff