Is it okay to get a different model centre channel but same brand?

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

difficult to decide whether i should go for a focal kanta centre channel same as my L/R or a sopra centre channel price differences is few hundred...

I am using diff range from same brand. Sounds ok to me although getting something in the same range is in the wishlist

Sent from my Mi A1 using Tapatalk

It is no brainer to go for same series of the centre channel.

I see....thought if few hundred dollars difference going for the higher range model will be better....sopra does came with extra mid driver below and using w cones than kanta's flax

I am using diff range from same brand. Sounds ok to me although getting something in the same range is in the wishlist

I see....ya i still using my old kef R as centre for movies is okay but thought will be better to change it to same brand so watching concerts will be better

I see....ya i still using my old kef R as centre for movies is okay but thought will be better to change it to same brand so watching concerts will be better

I will go for the sopra series if I am in ur shoes. Who knows if u decide to upgrade ur Kanta to Sopra or Utopia. And for me center channel and subwoofer are most impt for HT setup, ok for these 2 to outperform the rest.

I see....thought if few hundred dollars difference going for the higher range model will be better....sopra does came with extra mid driver below and using w cones than kanta's flax

It is the coherency and midrange from front speakers that one must take note, very noticeable when the speakers get more resolving.

I will go for the sopra series if I am in ur shoes. Who knows if u decide to upgrade ur Kanta to Sopra or Utopia. And for me center channel and subwoofer are most impt for HT setup, ok for these 2 to outperform the rest.

That is why I dont really suggest to one to go for hifi speakers and double up as HT speakers. The moment one has upgraded on LR speakers, the centre comes in mind.

That is why I dont really suggest to one to go for hifi speakers and double up as HT speakers. The moment one has upgraded on LR speakers, the centre comes in mind.

Lol for stereo listening using XLR i love the kantas when it comes to concerts using 5.1 or 7.1....centre channel comes to my mind if my centre channel could match up with my fronts in terms of the resolving details, imagining and speed

Lol for stereo listening using XLR i love the kantas when it comes to concerts using 5.1 or 7.1....centre channel comes to my mind if my centre channel could match up with my fronts in terms of the resolving details, imagining and speed

Sorry for side track. Does Kanta sounds bright? I find Utopia too bright after listening to some but read online that Kanta and Sopra actually sounds more laid back and less harsh.

heheh, not everything happens overnight. part of the journey.  :) bit by bit... that's the fun part.

No wonder there's no end to this.....as my friend say to me.....what's your next move on your setup he ask me that day....hmmm maybe i change my centre channel to same model to match up? then he say once you got your centre might upgrade change your amp to a better one and using current amp to drive your centre.......wa jiatlat....

Sorry for side track. Does Kanta sounds bright? I find Utopia too bright after listening to some but read online that Kanta and Sopra actually sounds more laid back and less harsh.

Is bright a lot brighter than my previous KEF R700, had a dynaudio sp40,PMC twenty5 21 also brighter than those....the kanta's bass is better i off my JL audio fathom sub my friend say quite impressive the bass than my previous KEF R700 those need sub to sound nice....anyways i love bright sounding....heard that the brightness may tone down after 300 hours

heheh, not everything happens overnight. part of the journey.  :) bit by bit... that's the fun part.

When I think about your matching centre, and matching amp....  :-X

I dont like to mix music and Ht system together due noise churning out from HT  ;D

I dont like to mix music and Ht system together due noise churning out from HT  ;D

Had a lot of concert blurays with 5.1 and 7.1 so it kinda of add the feels when listening....some multi-channels from disc does did a great job not all....

Still Thats the fun part too. we have so many ways to do it. its what keeps us all here engaged. Care and share

now that you mentioned. i should get matching stereo amp for surrounds as well?. haha siao liao.

No wonder there's no end to this.....as my friend say to me.....what's your next move on your setup he ask me that day....hmmm maybe i change my centre channel to same model to match up? then he say once you got your centre might upgrade change your amp to a better one and using current amp to drive your centre.......wa jiatlat....

yup that's the way it IS. just have to do it at your own comfortable pace. Enjoy Both HT and Hifi at the same time.

i am more envious of those who have 2 different rooms. 1 HT and 1 Hifi. what bro tiktokape did was another way i did not thought of.

It is the coherency and midrange from front speakers that one must take note, very noticeable when the speakers get more resolving.

+1, has to be the same, don’t sacrifice on this, the same findings I had on coherence. Once u rojak, it takes away that coherence

Ok to rojak for Atmos, but front 3 strict no no...

Definitely don’t rojak the subs as well, one ported one seal or different Brand’s Etc, that’s even worse, very challenging

U won’t be able to tell until u AB it.

The key problem lies in blending of the mains with the sub, the more the variation, the more complex it gets, the more timing and phase issues u need to deal with

+1, has to be the same, don’t sacrifice on this, the same findings I had on coherence. Once u rojak, it takes away that coherence

Ok to rojak for Atmos, but front 3 strict no no...

Definitely don’t rojak the subs as well, one ported one seal or different Brand’s Etc, that’s even worse, very challenging

+1 too on that the LCR coherence is very vital. I used different timbre centre last time from LR speakers.

But after switching to same timbre LCR, it made such a big difference and there was no turning back. Your LCR speaker-to-speaker panning, frontal stage, overall frontal dialogue and immersion will be up another level.

If you can have your surrounds same timbre too as LCR, it wld be great too but not as significant as internal between LCR.

ATMOS still can be different timbre still not so critical.

difficult to decide whether i should go for a focal kanta centre channel same as my L/R or a sopra centre channel price differences is few hundred...

I feel having a good centre and timbre matching with LR is a critical piece for your LCR panning, frontal stage, immersion in HT.

In terms of HT gear (placement and calibration aside), I would rate this as one of the HIGHEST priority items, besides having multiple (identical) subs with a house curve implemented on the subs; as well as a good quality AVR. =)

Me thinks 70%-90% of movie audio content goes to the LCR. I’d highly recommend LCR to stay with same brand & same model family.

Sometimes it pays to wait for the matching C to appear in the pre-loved market. In the meantime, use phantom C as workaround.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Me thinks 70%-90% of movie audio content goes to the LCR. I’d highly recommend LCR to stay with same brand & same model family.

Sometimes it pays to wait for the matching C to appear in the pre-loved market. In the meantime, use phantom C as workaround.

I see....i buying new as sopra centre channel price is not a thousand dollars difference from kanta so thought maybe getting a higher end model will it really matter in the overall sound........i also know that sopra has w cones instead of flax and might be harder to drive

+1, that’s a good suggestion, phantom centre will work as well. If done correctly