Prism+ E55

Philips TV is a brand to avoid. Backlight died just after 3 years. Panel was already changed once due to tennis ball sized bright spots.

Philips TV I had was probably a model designed to fail right after warranty ends. TV’s are not made to last like they used to.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Another brand to avoid. Backlight died just after 3 years. Probably a model designed to fail right after warranty ends. TV’s are not made to last like they used to.

Maybe they programmed it to fail after 3yrs.

Time to hoot new TV liao

Sent from my Redmi 5 Plus using Tapatalk

Can’t beat Sony.

My 65” Sony’s display died just 6 months after purchase. Had to wait 2 weeks for it to be replaced.

:(

Wa Sony so tok Kong. My bil was waiting for my LG lobang but end up bought Sony 8500. I will pray for him ha ha

My 49inch entry lvl  Panny is coming to complete its 3yrs service period in 4months time... Should be okay to cheong or must get ready to replace liaoz!

Hoot 80" one la song

Penissonic can try which model bro

My 65" Panasonic GX650 Android TV's picture quality is quite good. Colors very nice. But the TV's firmware is a bit wonky. Every once in a while, the TV forgets its TV channel settings and must be hard reset by switching off and on again to get back live TV. Never experience this in any other TVs that I have used before.

GX650 is considerably basic entry. As basic as possible, the more better.

However like what pschia brudder points out, don't expect Panasonic to be very swift and smooth on updates. But... should u encounter any hiccups like... no response, the simplest way is to cut the mains and reboot again.

Decided to pre-order the Prism-e55 as replacement, with a March delivery date.

Worst case it dies after 3 year warranty, that works out to $200/year max; best case it lives a very long life.

Way better than the most recent two TV (LG & Philips) that died right after warranty, and cost me far far more per year.

Wish me luck for supporting the Singapore brand.  ;)

Since u oredi placed order, its too late for me to remind u to check with AfterShock on the warranty details. @$599 for 55incher, u know some corners hv to be cut, right?

Yeah, mentally prepared for corners to be cut.  ;)

E55 3 Years 3 Years 7 Bright, 7 Dark, Total 7

Warranty pretty good: 3 years onsite, 7 dead pixels then considered defective.

Will do FR after delivery.

I think I'll use this thread to provide annual update until the TV dies or get upgraded.  :D

• 2 months later...

After a two month wait, the E55 was delivered this morning. I must say the colors are really vibrant. Size wise perfectly fit into available space between the speakers.

Here are a couple of Google Chromecast screensaver snaps.

0dc394611af93944ff4fcab308f54862.jpg

After a two month wait, the E55 was delivered this morning. I must say the colors are really vibrant. Size wise perfectly fit into available space between the speakers.

Here are a couple of Google Chromecast screensaver snaps.

0dc394611af93944ff4fcab308f54862.jpg

Congrats. Now can consider their 65"