Purifi 1ET400A Class-D amplifier

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I heard Gentaudio is planning a full kit for it... I am gonna wait a while to see what he is offering. The evaluation kit is less than 1K and if u add the SMPS we are looking at 1.5k for a top end 2 ch 400w stereo amp.

I initially wanted to get from Nord but decided to wait after hearing Gent is offering a full DIY kit.

Hi Hyper!

I'm currently working on a dac-amp box with the Purifi dual mono kit

Luc

Wah so adventurous.... which DAC module are u using and what power supply?

I heard Gentaudio is planning a full kit for it... I am gonna wait a while to see what he is offering. The evaluation kit is less than 1K and if u add the SMPS we are looking at 1.5k for a top end 2 ch 400w stereo amp.

i bought the purifi amp kit (dual mono + buffer) and an hypex smps3ka400 for less than 1k €

Wah so adventurous.... which DAC module are u using and what power supply?

planning for the Soekris R2R dam1941 dac

power supply, i've already purchased the hypex smps3ka400, but i may change my plan. thinking.

maybe the cresnet, using 2 of them

Everyone likes different flavors. I would recommend that you go with linear ps. Have played with hypex for a while including 2 versions of the smps & at the end of the day the linear ps wins, ps caps used where Mundorf Mlytic & Shindengen rectifiers.

What’s the diff between SMPS3KA and SMPS1200A400? Hypex recommend to pair the NC400 and 500 with the latter one.

As for DAC, I just bought iFi Zen for MQA decoding and would leave the amp separate. I use my old IPad 2 as source streaming from Tidal. Best thing that happen since Spotify. Tears for Fears in Master quality is just sedap.... Vivaldi, Bach. 👍😬

I stream in my car with Tidal and the sound is also very good.

Everyone likes different flavors. I would recommend that you go with linear ps. Have played with hypex for a while including 2 versions of the smps & at the end of the day the linear ps wins, ps caps used where Mundorf Mlytic & Shindengen rectifiers.

Hi Jaffrie,

Thanks for your info!

What model of linear ps did you use?

What’s the diff between SMPS3KA and SMPS1200A400? Hypex recommend to pair the NC400 and 500 with the latter one.

just the power.

Nord uses one smps1200 per channel in some of their amps. The 3k can replace two 1200