Good Quality HDMI cable recommendation

Can anyone recommend a reasoably good quality cable for connetion from StarHub set top box to Tv and from DBPlayer to Tv for within price of $50/ each and 2m long

Currently using those bulky, heavy and unwieldy 1inch wide Airborg Hdmi.

Thanks for any recommendation.

Merry Christmass and a Happy New Year to all.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you are looking for HDR, I'm using these

https://www.amazon.sg/Monoprice-Certified-Premium-HDMI-Cable/dp/B07GGYGXK2/ref=sr_1_26?keywords=hdmi+cable&qid=1577265051&s=gateway&sr=8-26

Handles, Firestick 4K, Apple TV, Panasonic UHD player etc to 4k projector and TV with no issues at all. 2 for $16

Since you have a $50 budget, you might consider 8K cables if you want to future proof, but I don't have any of those

Just arrive from Amazon.sg. I have not connect yet so cannot tell at the moment.

$40.99 @ 1.5m

Would appreciate your assessment after testing it. I would like this one direct from Starhub to Tv depends on your verdict. Thank you very much,

b795939ad5ab8faba9dd29a8895ff10e.jpg4b6a97c0c275057ec4d209d0db7d216e.jpg07d60f4677f263541d3fa97f26c0cc50.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you are looking for HDR, I'm using these

https://www.amazon.sg/Monoprice-Certified-Premium-HDMI-Cable/dp/B07GGYGXK2/ref=sr_1_26?keywords=hdmi+cable&qid=1577265051&s=gateway&sr=8-26

Handles, Firestick 4K, Apple TV, Panasonic UHD player etc to 4k projector and TV with no issues at all. 2 for $16

Since you have a $50 budget, you might consider 8K cables if you want to future proof, but I don't have any of those

6 feet is just right. Are you selling 2pieces  6 footer for $16/.  Are they Used or New ?

If just DVD player and other FHD media players like StarHub settop boxes, no brainer buys of cheap cables can get ur video signals delivered in high quality oredi.

However like other bros hv mentioned, it's for future proof use if ur media gears getting an upgrade in later days. Moderately good cables like HDMI version 2.0 delivers not only the high quality video image from 4k source(that can be achieved thru ver.1.4 cables), ver.2.0 cables delivers higher quality audio that ver.1.4 may hv hits and misses to do so...

So if u're intending to upgrade ur DVDplayer as well as ur audio setup... 2.0 and above is suggested.

If just DVD player and other FHD media players like StarHub settop boxes, no brainer buys of cheap cables can get ur video signals delivered in high quality oredi.

However like other bros hv mentioned, it's for future proof use if ur media gears getting an upgrade in later days. Moderately good cables like HDMI version 2.0 delivers not only the high quality video image from 4k source(that can be achieved thru ver.1.4 cables), ver.2.0 cables delivers higher quality audio that ver.1.4 may hv hits and misses to do so...

So if u're intending to upgrade ur DVDplayer as well as ur audio setup... 2.0 and above is suggested.

Thank you. I am not familiar with ver1.4 and 2.1

I may upgrade my BDplayers to a better ones at a sitable time. Meanwhile using Sony S790 and Pioneer BDP450.

Bro. Goldberg has recommended Moshou 8K. Waiting for his verdict before I order 6footer from Ebay which is cheaper.

Would want to buy also the Monoprice 6ft which TSAMMYC recomend to replace my Airborgs where the Head is big and 3 cannot fit in a straight row into a Switcher. Also awaiting his reply.

Thank you for your clear explanation.

Unfortunately I have no time to test as I’m flying off today till end Dec.

FYI, I’m still using JVC HD1 (1st generation HD projector) which is only 1080p. I want to see is there further improvement with this 8k  hdmi cable on my Sony 4k bluray player & Apple 4K TV. I believe it will.

Guess have to wait till I return from my trip.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6 feet is just right. Are you selling 2pieces  6 footer for $16/.  Are they Used or New ?

I'm not selling. Just providing a link for you to order. Any of the Monoprice cables on http://www.amazon.sg will do the job. Order a 2 pack of any Monoprice "Premium Certified Cables" and they should last you for a long time. Amazon Singapore usually delivers within a day.

I'm not selling. Just providing a link for you to order. Any of the Monoprice cables on http://www.amazon.sg will do the job. Order a 2 pack of any Monoprice "Premium Certified Cables" and they should last you for a long time. Amazon Singapore usually delivers within a day.

Hi you mentioned 2 pcs for S$16/ but Amazon Sg price is S$23.78 for 2 pcs ?

Mine was also from amazon.sg but it took 17 days to arrive upon order.

I believe your 8K cable was sold by a 3rd party seller from China hence the long delivery time.

The 1 day delivery time quoted by Bro Tammy applies only to items sold and fulfilled by Amazon SG.

Note that there are items sold on Amazon SG are not necessarily sold by Amazon SG. Some are sold by Amazon SG while others are sold under Amazon International (mainly shipped from Amazon US). The latter will take longer to be delivered for obvious reason.

Then there are also items sold by 3rd party sellers which can be local or overseas sellers. Once again delivery time depends on where the seller is based. I once ordered a replacement TV remote control supposedly from a local seller on Amazon SG but it took quite a while to be delivered. It was only upon delivery that I found out the local seller actually ordered the remote from a China reseller who then shipped the item directly to me.

Hi you mentioned 2 pcs for S$16/ but Amazon Sg price is S$23.78 for 2 pcs ?

Think you are seeing that price because the same cable is sold by Amazon SG & also under International Store.

Under the former, it is sold for S$23.78 but S$16.56 under International (don't ask me how come). You should be able to see the cheaper pricing if you click on the link found under the "Other Sellers on Amazon" section in the product page.

Strangely the same cable sold singly (ie 1 piece) by Amazon SG is going for only S$9.01 (hence S$18.02 for 2 & cheaper than the 2-pack but still more expensive than the 2-pack under International).

If you want to receive the cables fast then buy those sold & fulfilled by Amazon SG albeit more expensive but if can wait then buy under International.

In case you are new to Amazon SG, here is a short intro to it.

Anyone with an Amazon account can make purchases on Amazon SG and gets free delivery for items sold and fulfilled by Amazon SG for S$40 and above purchases. Currently they are having a promo for free local delivery with NO min spend. In fact new customers placing their 1st order get S$10 off with min S$40 spend with the promo code "10OFF40" (applicable only to local orders).

For Amazon SG Prime members (they are offering 1 month free trial), you get free 1-day shipping for local items with NO min spend and free shipping for international orders above S$60. In fact, they are now having a promo for free shipping for international orders with NO min spend for Prime members.

*Disclaimer: Above information is accurate as at time of posting but may change or promotions mentioned might have expiry dates or limited redemptions.

Btw I am also using the Monoprice Certified Premium HDMI cable. Do note that being a 28AWG cable hence it is still a bit stiff & difficult to bend.

If you are looking for something more flexible then can consider Monoprice Certified Premium Ultra Slim High Speed cable which is 36AWG thick.

Monoprice seems to have a 8K HDMI cable as well. Can also consider that as an alternative to the 8K cable 1 other bro recommended.

But as some already pointed out, based on your usage/equipments, a regular high-speed with ethernet HDMI cable would suffice unless future-proofing. IMHO unless you are upgrading in the near future, no point getting the more expensive ones now as cables like AV/IT devices tend to drop in price rather than otherwise esp when newer versions/models are launched.

Lastly besides Monoprice, can also consider Amazon Basics HDMI cables....some which are even cheaper but have relatively good reviews.

Think you are seeing that price because the same cable is sold by Amazon SG & also under International Store.

Under the former, it is sold for S$23.78 but S$16.56 under International (don't ask me how come). You should be able to see the cheaper pricing if you click on the link found under the "Other Sellers on Amazon" section in the product page.

Strangely the same cable sold singly (ie 1 piece) by Amazon SG is going for only S$9.01 (hence S$18.02 for 2 & cheaper than the 2-pack but still more expensive than the 2-pack under International).

If you want to receive the cables fast then buy those sold & fulfilled by Amazon SG albeit more expensive but if can wait then buy under International.

Amazon.sg $18.02 hardly difference from $16.00 n further from Amazon.Sg  Its a deal so I will buy 2 pcs and should be in within a week as it is fulfilled by Amazon.Sg.

Thanks.

Meanwhile will wait for Goldberg verdict on 8k Moushou for connection from Stahub box toe Tv. Hope cable is not STIFF.

Btw I am also using the Monoprice Certified Premium HDMI cable. Do note that being a 28AWG cable hence it is still a bit stiff & difficult to bend.

If you are looking for something more flexible then can consider Monoprice Certified Premium Ultra Slim High Speed cable which is 36AWG thick.

Monoprice seems to have a 8K HDMI cable as well. Can also consider that as an alternative to the 8K cable 1 other bro recommended.

But as some already pointed out, based on your usage/equipments, a regular high-speed with ethernet HDMI cable would suffice unless future-proofing. IMHO unless you are upgrading in the near future, no point getting the more expensive ones now as cables like AV/IT devices tend to drop in price rather than otherwise esp when newer versions/models are launched.

Lastly besides Monoprice, can also consider Amazon Basics HDMI cables....some which are even cheaper but have relatively good reviews.

Just checked Amazon.Sg selling S$10.81 for one pc and with deilvery S$8.10 from US total S$29.72.  As it doesnt satisfy min order I will wait for fullfilment by Amazon Singapore without delivery charge.

Thanks.

Some bro just got his 8K Moshou. Wonder what his verdict will be and whether cable is STIFF ?

Just checked Amazon.Sg selling S$10.81 for one pc and with deilvery S$8.10 from US total S$29.72.  As it doesnt satisfy min order I will wait for fullfilment by Amazon Singapore without delivery charge.

Thanks.

Some bro just got his 8K Moshou. Wonder what his verdict will be and whether cable is STIFF ?

I assume you are referring to the ultra slim HDMI cable.

As mentioned in another post, Amazon SG is currently offering free shipping for international orders with NO min spend. But promotion only applies to Amazon SG Prime members for which Amazon is also offering 1 month free trial membership for customers who have not signed up before.

So nett cost will be S$10.81 per 6ft cable....just have to wait for abt 2 wks for the cable to be delivered.

As to whether the Moshou 8k cable is stiff, will have to leave it for bros who own it to feedback.

But fr the pic posted, it seems rather thick so I believe it might not be that flexible.

Also the connectors seem rather big. Probably not an issue If connecting directly fr SH STB to tv but if plan  to use it on your HDMI switch then might pose a problem. Just something to consider if thinking of getting one.

Lastly if you are just planning to replace yr Airborg for the direct connection between SH box and tv then the 8k cable is a bit of overkill IMHO. The Monoprice ones will likely be good enough.

Probably better to use the Moshou on your Sony and Pioneer blu-ray players though might still not be that necessary as they are not even 4K players.

I suspect bros who bought the 8k cables are likely using them to connect 4k devices for which then might make some differences.

Just my 2-cents worth for your consideration.

I went to Amazon Prime and got a pack of 6footer Monoprice Premium 4K for $23.78.

After the purchase I realised it is 28awg.  VideoMonopriceCertifiedPremiumHDMI CableBlack6Feet(2 Pack)4K@60HzHDR18Gbps28AWGYUV4:4:4

This what bro. Liverpudian advised aganst for being Stiff and not easy to bend. Made a hasty mistake here. Not costly though.

BTW any bro know how I can withdraw from Amazon Prime as it not likely for me to buy often from this Prime. They charge $2.40/ month. Thanks.

I went to Amazon Prime and got a pack of 6footer Monoprice Premium 4K for $23.78.

After the purchase I realised it is 28awg.  VideoMonopriceCertifiedPremiumHDMI CableBlack6Feet(2 Pack)4K@60HzHDR18Gbps28AWGYUV4:4:4

This what bro. Liverpudian advised aganst for being Stiff and not easy to bend. Made a hasty mistake here. Not costly though.

BTW any bro know how I can withdraw from Amazon Prime as it not likely for me to buy often from this Prime. They charge $2.40/ month. Thanks.

Check the order status. If the items have not been shipped yet, may still be able to cancel your order.

As for Prime membership, can cancel anytime before the 1 month free trial is up.

Just go to Your Account->Manage Prime Membership and you should see an option to cancel it.

IMO don't need to cancel it now if you just signed up not long ago in case you want to buy something during thie period which requires Prime membership. Do it only when the trial is up.