HT / Audio Room lighting

Hi, there is plenty of threads with discussion on room treatment, speakers, electronics etc. I am wondering what most of you are using for lighting in your HT/Audio room. I believe design and lighting will affect the mood when enjoying your music/movies. Toying with the idea of installing some ambient or mood lights when listening to music (movies strictly off all lights) without much  major electrical revamp works. Hope to get some ideas from you guys.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ambient light strip behind console

Philips Smalu variable lights (change temp and intensity)

Central pH5 pendant lamp for general illumination

Track lights with LED for display cabinets

Corner uplifter lamp for ambience

(plus some table lamps)

And a Atmos signboard....

Philips Hue is a good option...got Alexa and HomeKit support... led strips and lamps too (E27) so use in existing fittings.

only hassle is expensive and must use mobile/tablet to control or voice (Siri etc) or extra dimmer switch from Hue range. Can see at Philips showroom or apple shop too I think

• 1 month later...

I visited Atx's mancave a few weeks back and was mightily impressed with the ambience and lighting in his room. Tried to copy a bit and this is the best I can do now ;D U can view his setup on the eqpt list thread under ABC. I can't view it on my hp tho

DSC-1887.jpg

• Love 1

• 3 weeks later...

I visited Atx's mancave a few weeks back and was mightily impressed with the ambience and lighting in his room. Tried to copy a bit and this is the best I can do now ;D U can view his setup on the eqpt list thread under ABC. I can't view it on my hp tho

Very nicely done bro. Swee!

DSC-1887.jpg

here's my recent setup tv was a bit off centre as past setup is smaller scale....as tv was used for casual youtube and etc and music listening so didn't bother to remount it

PnQkssih.jpg

For movie/concert viewing mainly used projector so centre channel was centre

yaBThQwh.jpg

here's my recent setup tv was a bit off centre as past setup is smaller scale....as tv was used for casual youtube and etc and music listening so didn't bother to remount it

PnQkssih.jpg

For movie/concert viewing mainly used projector so centre channel was centre

yaBThQwh.jpg

Does the LED light behind the TV change color base on what's being displayed on screen?

Sent from my Mi A1 using Tapatalk

Does the LED light behind the TV change color base on what's being displayed on screen?

Sent from my Mi A1 using Tapatalk

maxresdefault.jpg

no u need to buy philips hdmi sync box which is $229USD i think for you to do that...cheaper way is using apps control

• 3 weeks later...

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...