BenQ UST (Up dates) projector & Different ALR screens (UP load IMAGE)

Most of the UST combo with PET ( polyethylene terephthalate ) Grey colour ALR  has an optical finish projection screen material surface  " Does not have very smooth surface "

Even if you have a 4k projector and source it will not be as sharp compare to the front projection which has a smoother projection surface .

For the UST projector it is best to couple with the "Angle Lenticular " which if you use a microscope you be able to see top is flat and bottom is angle towards viewer .

The both becomes a perfect match for it as the UST projector is bright and  Greys colour Angle Lenticular screen material . Will provides a brighter image due to the close projector distance and screen will direct and diffuse to have a better uniformity .

There are other ALR type but it will not give you the same brightness result because of the " Pet Optical Surface "

Likely will try to arrange a Laser UST projector with the ALR Angle Lenticular screen to show case it .

A) Lights on

B) With ambient lights

C) Complete light off .

Alfie, you have such screens now. Still restricted viewing angle?

Actually I have a lot of other screen materials , AT acoustic transparent Hi res / Better Acoustics , Grey for those have a dedicated room but need better contrast , Natural White for Home Theatre room set up , Pet ALR , Flexible ALR  .

In this topic it is about the UST projector combine with Pet ALR screen .

This current size shown is Fixed Type only 100"in 16:9 format "PET Angle Lenticular screen " Retail $1280

It is best couple with the UST Laser projector than will obtain a package deal .

• 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...

This current size shown is Fixed Type only 100"in 16:9 format "PET Angle Lenticular screen " Retail $1280

It is best couple with the UST Laser projector than will obtain a package deal .

Hi [mention]alf [/mention]I currently have a UST laser projector - Epson EH-LS100. Am looking for a screen that is future proof and able to last me even if I upgrade to a 4K UST in future.

Do you have screens that can meet the following?

1) excellent performance in high ambient light from all sides including top ceiling light

2) at least 100”

3) frameless

4) able to receive UHD or 4K images

Which AR would you recommend for my use? We watch mainly content from Apple TV - Netflix, iTunes, prime, Disney+, etc.

Thank you!

tj

The current dark grey material are Lenticular surface mend for the UST PJ , it allows the light path from projector transmit to lenticular surface and directed to the viewer . This makes image much brighter yet have a better even brightness across . The trade off is its not as smooth surface, hence you will not be able to get sharper picture compare to smooth polyvinyl type.

Now there is a new type of material which is Dark Grey , have a sharper image , be able to use for both UST PJ and also conventional throw + mid throw PJ . The base material are like the those of fixed screen which can be stretch with more torque 100% flatness . The frame option can be small cover bazzel  ( have shin ) or conventional  smaller black velvet .

Like any products in the world all will have pros and cons . So best to go and find out from your favourite retailers or supplier and view for yourself .

• 3 weeks later...

20200609-183633.jpg

The new ALR screen material for standard throw and mid throw 1080p or 4k projector application .

For best result on a fixed frame type .

The centre is a Titanium Grey and Right side is Black Crystal .

Those who are keen on the BenQ laser UST projector it is doing up firm ware for ease of usage so I have been told and launching in our shores soon !!

20200609-183633.jpg

The new ALR screen material for standard throw and mid throw 1080p or 4k projector application .

For best result on a fixed frame type .

The centre is a Titanium Grey and Right side is Black Crystal .

Can’t seem to see anything on Black Crystal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Basically different material is use with different environment and projector lumens . More option , most important is to go and view it to have a better feel .