Demo, share and fellowship at my place

I've begun a new thread to invite friends and members over for a sharing, kopi and fellowship session/s.

I'm not a pro, and there are certainly plenty of people who are much better at the art of HT and audio, which is why it's called a sharing session and not a tutorial or something..

Will post timings etc here..

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've gotten a few requests for this and I've been considering very hard..

I used to do this a lot more often in the past, and I made many friends and tried to share as much as I could but a very negative experience a few years ago put me off this and I stopped for a while. But at the behest of friends and bros here, I've done some sharing and with my new den almost ready, the requests have been coming so I figured I'll try again even if it means some may be adverse experiences...

So here goes... 

For those who are keen, please pm me and post your interest in this forum and this thread.

Some suggestions:

- do your homework and know some basics about HT and audio. The stickies here offer some basic info.

- if you are doing up a place, know what you want first:

a- budget

b- room size and layout (bring a map, photos etc)

c- know your expectations eg if you have a small room you may not want 7 base speakers and 4 Atmos

d- know your timeframe - renovations take time and you need to let your contractor know when to cater for certain things eg rockwool in your ceiling for example

e- know about WAF - if your wife doesn't want big speakers, or surround speakers at ear level and cables which are visible, then be realistic

f- know about speaker placement - Audyssey can't generate magic if your speakers are in funny positions, or if you have gigantic speakers in tiny rooms

When coming:

- bring your favo CDs, BR discs and some scenes you are familar with for demo

- bring your wife if you wish but let me know

- please confirm your date / timing and be punctual, because sometimes I take time off to do it, and I ask my family to go out so you can play the music louder

OR

- or just come for coffee and chill !

- we used to do these coffee sessions where the food and coffee are more important than the subwoofer and bass chat..

Sometimes we just hang out..

First session:

Saturday 18/5

Timing mid afternoon (exact time TBC cos I'm working that day)

Send me a pm with your contact and I'll let you know the address and timing.

Please sms me 20 / 30 min before you come so I can know if you can't make it.

Cheers

Great effort there Pete, it’s always nice to see someone sharing their experiences with our local community

Congrats on your newly completed set up !

Must have been one Helluva journey....

Hi Pete. Is this at your new place. I will probably be in Singapore in Sep. Maybe can catch up with you at your new place and listen to your set up. Last time I did that was at your place in YCK.

Hi Pete. Is this at your new place. I will probably be in Singapore in Sep. Maybe can catch up with you at your new place and listen to your set up. Last time I did that was at your place in YCK.

Give me a buzz when you’re in town bro. Bring home a 4K player ha! And some of those pies 🥧