Do you own any VR console?

I am still comfortable with the usual video games, but VR and AR are arguably the next steps in gaming evolution. The consoles have been around for a while, but I'm still hesitant to jump in for various reasons. Is it too late to start now? Which platform would you suggest?

I have htc,oculus and ps4 VR . Enjoy the VR games although low resolution . It is really immersive and you will soon forget the low resolution .

However , you may want to consider if you can get used to VR . Some can while some cannot .

It is never too late for VR , IMO.

VR has an immersion that’s hard to beat. Especially for racing games - you can look into the apex for corners that’s like real life.

There is a new VR headset with 5K (2x2.5k screens) and 8K (2x4K) which improves resolution but you really need the newest 2000 series Nvidia flagship to drive them.

VR has an immersion that’s hard to beat. Especially for racing games - you can look into the apex for corners that’s like real life.

There is a new VR headset with 5K (2x2.5k screens) and 8K (2x4K) which improves resolution but you really need the newest 2000 series Nvidia flagship to drive them.

Many genres will benefit from the extended reality settings. I'm sure playing some arcade games with stealth strategy or solo horror stories will be a whole new experience with VR.

What do you guys think of the Oculus Go? Is it strong enough for being a stand-alone, simple VR device?

• 5 months later...

• 2 weeks later...

I bought the Oculus Rift S today.  Cannot wait to try out Beat Saber with Imagine Dragon tracks!

(Audio)

Nice...I believe the resolution is much better compared to the Oculus Quest...I'm still contemplating whether to get the Quest. I have Oculus Go.

• 1 year later...

I just picked up Star Wars Squadron on PS4 with PSVR support and I have to say this is the most fun I’ve had with my consoles. Ever.

The immersion in the cockpit is just superb. And even though it is on a lowly PS4Pro hardware, the cinematic feel is still pretty damn good.

I did enjoy Ace Combat 4 on PSVR as well but it always felt like a mini game that gave you some extended play time alongside the main longer campaign game.

And while GT Sport had a great VR mode, it was limited to just one other car.

But Squadron is a full game that can be played fully in VR.

I always think in full motion VR, the wires always get In the way. I felt that in Iron Man VR as well. Whenever you walk and turn around to play, chances are wires will get entangled. Or you will trip over something. You’d need wireless VR and good inside out tracking to work.

But with flight sims and driving games, you are always seated so there is much lower risks of breaking and tripping over cables.

Also booked my HP Reverb G2 ..... it's coming soon.  I am assuming it will be supported by Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020.

(Audio)

Only one supported. The rest may come shortly after.

It’s selling in Singapore?

What card are you using now?

I enquired about it and HP forward me to Addon System which is getting one piece in for me.

I was using the Radeon VII but one of the AMD update killed  the card.  I have switch back to my old nVidia 1080 Titan....waiting for the RTX 30X0 and AMD "Big NAVI" situation to settle.....

(Audio)