Anyone using ground box?

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am using entreq ground box - tellus 2. Have all my components grounded into 2 of these boxes. They are very good - lowered noise floor and gave presentation an overall ease. Have tried the telos one prior but it did not work for my system. I would be keen to hear feedback from users of other solutions.

I am... Using 3 ground boxes. Can be very effective depending on systems. On mine, it gives quieter background, louder more 3D sound and better instrument separation. Especially shiok when listening to complex or not-so-well recorded tracks. However, must know how and where to connect. Cannot anyhow hoot. Once you get it right, the effects are immediate and obvious. No need to A-B until ears pain.

O my goodness, like that bankrupt

hahaa.... take it slow.  ;)

i am using the entreq tellus 2 with a couple of everest 'caps' on the binding posts. improved clarity and separation... thumbs up.

Wanted to test out this tweak but I'm not sure if I should connect the ground box to the unused IEC or plugged it to the pre amp. [emoji851]

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

Try your mains first. I always advise friends if they want to buy just 1 ground box, connect it to their mains. The effects are more convincing (and thus they are motivated to try more boxes ;D).

O my goodness, like that bankrupt

Take it one step at a time. I have been using ground boxes since 2015, and it took me a while to fine tune the effects to my preferences.

By the way, some of you probably already know I do mass order for ground boxes (I have my own formula to suit our local conditions)... No, I am not trying to promote or sell my goods here. Just share experiences. I totally understand and am aware there are a lot of folks who still think this is snake oil.

Try your mains first. I always advise friends if they want to buy just 1 ground box, connect it to their mains. The effects are more convincing (and thus they are motivated to try more boxes ;D).

I've space for only one ground box so looks like I can only connect it to my bac. Thanks bro.

Guest BadEnglish

Ground box and Supertweeter are somethings better left for those who are cursed with , and having hearing problem.

Some old folks said : you should only notice presence of ground box or Supertweeter when they are disconnected.

Nordost QKore isn't cheap but they seem to have thought things through...

They said they opened up a few  competitor products and found organic material which they said degraded over time.. so they went to engineer a compound that would do the same grounding effect but wouldn't degrade with time. A customer said he preferred the 2 box QKore 1+QKore 3 vs 1 box QKore 6.

Guest francishuang

Qkore1+ qkore3 gives a more solid image than qkore6

Nordost QKore isn't cheap but they seem to have thought things through...

They said they opened up a few  competitor products and found organic material which they said degraded over time.. so they went to engineer a compound that would do the same grounding effect but wouldn't degrade with time. A customer said he preferred the 2 box QKore 1+QKore 3 vs 1 box QKore 6.

Guest francishuang

The ground cable will influence the sound quite a bit. Power cord in the case of the active telos gnr

How do the Entreqs and similar stack up vs the active Telos GNR, and vs the piece meal Acoustic Revive RGC-24 ground conditioner?

How do the Entreqs and similar stack up vs the active Telos GNR, and vs the piece meal Acoustic Revive RGC-24 ground conditioner?

I have used all 3 before. I retained the rgc and entreq in my system. Telos does not work on my system. I was told that it is not compatible with my torus avr power conditioner.

I have used all 3 before. I retained the rgc and entreq in my system. Telos does not work on my system. I was told that it is not compatible with my torus avr power conditioner.

Probably an open-ended question, but how does the AR RGC compare to the Entreq?

Was there any explanation (from Telos, perhaps) as to why a grounding device would not work with an isolation transformer?

Probably an open-ended question, but how does the AR RGC compare to the Entreq?

Was there any explanation (from Telos, perhaps) as to why a grounding device would not work with an isolation transformer?

I used both rgc and entreq together and found them synergistic. The rgc lowered the noise floor as did the entreq. The telos made my music dead sounding with or without the other grounding devices. Highs lost their sparkle. I read that others found it to have worked and directed the question to our local distributor as well as to xaudio. In any case, I returned the device and did not buy it. I bought a second entreq tellus 2 box instead.

Thanks, murphys33. Always wondered about their impact on a high end balanced AC conditioner.  Guess I would have to do a home demo at some stage.

Straying a bit OT, if you had to chose between the RGC, Entreq and the Stein, which would provide the most audible impact for the lowest investment?

I have limited success using RGC24 with  RR77 in a very hostile RF environment close to our national transmitters. I cannot totally keep the noise at bay. But staging, imaging and layering improved with their use. Yet to try other grounding tweaks as space is at a premium