Official Thread: JVC N Series Native 4K Projectors

• Replies 392
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Here you go the N series new FW https://www3.jvckenwood.com/english/download/dla-nx9_dla-nx7_dla-nx5_dla-n7_dla-n5_dla-n11_dla-n8_dla-n6_dla-rs3000_dla-rs2000_dla-rs1000/

Planning for a upgrade... .... Here you go ,  

Just wanted to share some images from the S&M test disc on a Cyrus natural white screen. Taken in the cave.    The N7 is my third JVC PJ and it is, by far, the best one I’ve experienced so

Posted Images

I have had received quite a few PMs from members asking me for my comments on whether to upgrade the X series to the N series. Unfortunately I am unable to comment at this point. I usually don't like to comment on stuff that I personally have yet to review. It will be considered an extremely irresponsible thing to do if I prematurely state something which I have no personal experience with. As such, I will appreciate if members can stop asking me for my opinion on which is better as I really don't know at this point. The N series could very well be worse than the last gen X series for all we know...

I am pushing for dealers to ship in an early unit of N7 for me to play around with and hopefully before the actual launch, everyone here will have a first-hand info based on my experience playing with it. As always, I will share my review and personal take on some of the new features in this latest N series family.

JVC Singapore has informed local dealers that the earliest shipment for N7 series (at least) will only arrive sometime in Mar. Some dealer told me early Mar while some say end of Mar to early Apr. I think this is too long a wait considering that other countries already selling like hotcakes except for Asia continent this time round. I blame it on the JVC management for failing to do a good job but that's just my take as a customer. Anyway I understand from some dealers that JVC Singapore management team was in talk with JVC Japan side to press for delivery of early pre-orders, hopefully we can get the new N series as early as end of Feb to early Mar. Nothing concrete being firmed up yet.

I will let the dealers provide us with more first-hand info updates on the discussion between the 2 sides. Their info will be more credible than mine.

Today I had placed a pre order for the JVC N7 through a local dealer. If all turns out well, I should be getting the projector either end of Jan or early Feb.

Fingers crossed that I can get it before CNY but I highly doubt it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Been stuck with my old trusty AE7K PJ for over 5 years now. My attempts over the past two years to upgrade to 4K have been thwarted due to lack of throw distance and unwillingness to downsize my 92 inch screen. However i’m now prepared to size down to 80 inch with the emergence of the N7 but a new deliema has arise.

Given the emergence of premium large screen TV displays, i’m now in two minds over going for a 77/85 inch OLED/LCD over the JVC N7. Assuming total cost would be quite similar, how many of you folks would continue to stick with the PJ route. Thanks for all your comments.

Been stuck with my old trusty AE7K PJ for over 5 years now. My attempts over the past two years to upgrade to 4K have been thwarted due to lack of throw distance and unwillingness to downsize my 92 inch screen. However i’m now prepared to size down to 80 inch with the emergence of the N7 but a new deliema has arise.

Given the emergence of premium large screen TV displays, i’m now in two minds over going for a 77/85 inch OLED/LCD over the JVC N7. Assuming total cost would be quite similar, how many of you folks would continue to stick with the PJ route. Thanks for all your comments.

If large screen flat TVs @ 100" can be bought at below $10k, I would go for a flat screen TV.

If large screen flat TVs @ 100" can be bought at below $10k, I would go for a flat screen TV.

100 inch TV would cost more than the RS4500 lah.. Maybe in 5 yrs time when Micro LED has matured, you can then size it up like LEGO bricks over several years to reach your desired size. ?

for the size you quote, TV is no brainer for me.

Sent from my CLT-L29 using Tapatalk

One benefit of staying the PJ route will be the 3D support that is present in the N7. Anyone know if the JVC works with active 3D glasses from Panasonic & Sony?

Not sure but I'm using JVC very own 3D active shutter glasses (come as a bundled). I have to say that the 3D have come a long way for JVC and it had improved by leaps and bounds. Gone are the days of parallax error or ghosting. Bro Jeff, you getting the N7 yourself?