Lyngdorf Owners & Discussion Thread

Not sure how many bros  are having lyngdorf products .Just to share on this wonderful products .

I got this Lyngdorf MP 50  cinema processor from Ohm Sound  since last year Nov 2018 . The audiophile sound , room perfect EQ and ease of use is the main feature of this processor . Room perfect EQ is good for those that have minimum room treatment in their room or living hall

lyndorf.jpg

http://lyngdorf.com/

https://r.search.yahoo.com/_ylt=AwrPgxBhPiRcNlMAwBQj4gt.;_ylu=X3oDMTEyc3NuZDhqBGNvbG8Dc2czBHBvcwM0BHZ0aWQDUzAzMjZfMQRzZWMDc3I-/RV=2/RE=1545907937/RO=10/RU=https%3a%2f%2fwww.avforums.com%2fthreads%2flyngdorf-mp-50-surround-sound-processor-review.2138057%2f/RK=2/RS=KalFzqVL4fEwTlVYWnKkvFWOGlA-

https://hometheaterreview.com/lyngdorf-mp-50-av-preamp-reviewed/

Jag, I got mine much lower, now that a year has passed. I’ll PM you if u r interested...

The built in DAC is very good, high quality components used, the design is apparently very good, especially good in the digital domain

Was comparing between the storm, NAD m17v2, lyngdorf... mainly the price, stability and performance was the determining factor I went for the lyngdorf

There is a lot of processor out there that claim to do discrete 9.1.6, but none has the Dolby Codes for 9.1.6. All 7.1.4 or 5.1.6 matrixed post processing...

• 2 weeks later...

Lyngdorf MP-50 coming soon.....

Manual here -- > http://lyngdorf.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/08/MP-50-ENG-Manual-August-2018.pdf

White Paper -- > http://lyngdorf.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/10/MP-50-White-Paper-November-2017.pdf

Lets talk about the Cons first. 4 identified so far

1. Doesnt do Full 4k, only 4k 30hz due to bandwidth limitation 10.2g, though boards are HDMI 2.0a. Unless upgraded to new HDMI 2.1 board, which Lyngdorf has confirmed will be available at a separate cost. Does it matter to me? No. Im using Oppo HDMI out directly in to the OLED. Weakness circumvented

2. Doesnt have analog RCA connections in. Does it matter to me? No. I prefer using this with balanced cable. In fact i prefer it not have any RCA connection from a design point of view. A simple and very good cable ill be using will be the Mogami 2549 with Neutrik Gold Pins, shipped in straight from Japan.

3. Doesnt do Discrete 9.1.6. Only Matrixed 9.1.6. Does it matter to me? No. Dolby hasnt released any of the codes for 9.1.6. So every single AVR in the market now is doing post processing 9.1.6 or however many channels. Ill be hooking this up in a 7.4.8 configuration. A matrixed Centre Top channel (it takes the signal off top front + top back and does post processing to Top Centre). The other front height channel will be getting the same signal as the Top Front vide a XLR Female to 2 Male Splitter.

4. Rolls off the bass < 20hz . This is apparently now fixed with the new firmware 3.09 onwards. Great!

5. Doesn’t support Dolby Atmos vide ARC. Workaround would be to use the Oppo 205 arc and then pass through the signal to the mp50 hdmi in. Post processing must be set to Dolby upmixer ( this triggers the Atmos signal)

6. Works well only with internet explorer browser. Doesn’t work well with Firefox or chrome. When updating firmware or resetting to factory default, always use “ Internet explorer” browser instead of the other browsers that sometimes don’t seem to work

7. EDID on the mp50 still doesn’t conform to international standards on fw 3.09. Atmos sometimes doesn’t kick in. Workaround would be to play a Dolby digital encoded file first, then playback that Atmos file again then Atmos will kick in. Happens sometimes

all of which doesnt matter to me...... Will report further if i find out about the cons. I didnt classify expensive as a con, because i got it at a good deal and for what this processor can bring to the entire set up and listening experience, its good!

Will talk about whats so special about this MP-50 soon... on Paper & Real life experience... Stay Tuned..... Something very interesting with Bass Management coming up....

Lyngdorf MP-50 coming soon.....

Manual here -- > http://lyngdorf.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/08/MP-50-ENG-Manual-August-2018.pdf

White Paper -- > http://lyngdorf.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/10/MP-50-White-Paper-November-2017.pdf

Lets talk about the Cons first. 4 identified so far

1. Doesnt do Full 4k, only 4k 30hz due to bandwidth limitation 10.2g, though boards are HDMI 2.0a. Unless upgraded to new HDMI 2.1 board, which Lyngdorf has confirmed will be available at a separate cost. Does it matter to me? No. Im using Oppo HDMI out directly in to the OLED. Weakness circumvented

2. Doesnt have analog RCA connections in. Does it matter to me? No. I prefer using this with balanced cable. In fact i prefer it not have any RCA connection from a design point of view. A simple and very good cable ill be using will be the Mogami 2549 with Neutrik Gold Pins, shipped in straight from Japan.

3. Doesnt do Discrete 9.1.6. Only Matrixed 9.1.6. Does it matter to me? No. Dolby hasnt released any of the codes for 9.1.6. So every single AVR in the market now is doing post processing 9.1.6 or however many channels. Ill be hooking this up in a 7.4.8 configuration. A matrixed Centre Top channel (it takes the signal off top front + top back and does post processing to Top Centre). The other front height channel will be getting the same signal as the Top Front vide a XLR Female to 2 Male Splitter.

4. Rolls off the bass < 20hz . This is apparently now fixed with the new firmware 3.09 onwards. Great!

all of which doesnt matter to me...... Will report further if i find out about the cons. I didnt classify expensive as a con, because i got it at a good deal and for what this processor can bring to the entire set up and listening experience, its good!

Will talk about whats so special about this MP-50 soon... on Paper & Real life experience... Stay Tuned..... Something very interesting with Bass Management coming up....

Official quote from Storm Audio

"The StormAudio processor range supports from 16 up to 32 high-quality audio channels as well as legacy sound formats and the leading 3D audio formats currently available; Auro-3D, Dolby Atmos and DTS:X.

The ISP/I.ISP range is capable to deliver 16 discretely decoded channels and has the ability to go up to 32 channels of post-processing. Currently the processors deliver 16-discrete channels for 9.1.6 Dolby Atmos, 13.1 Auro-3D and 9.1.2 DTS:X. "

So is this discrete 9.1.6 or matrixed ?

Yes it is “capable” to play 9.1.6 discrete. Hardware is ready, future proof. But nobody has the codes from Dolby to decode 9.1.6. What the storm does is with two chips, one to decode 7.1.4 and the other to decode 5.1.6, this is then matrixed post processing 9.1.6 or however many channels...

But the codes will be provided soon by Dolby one would presume

Dtsx pro however, will be released to trinnov, that will render 32 channels, so the trinnov will Have  the imax enhanced and dtsx pro. None of the processors come close to the trinnov, trinnov is on its league of its own

https://hometheaterreview.com/trinnov-announces-imax-enhanced-and-dtsx-pro-support/

Yes it is “capable” to play 9.1.6 discrete. Hardware is ready, future proof. But nobody has the codes from Dolby to decode 9.1.6. What the storm does is with two chips, one to decode 7.1.4 and the other to decode 5.1.6, this is then matrixed post processing 9.1.6 or however many channels...

But the codes will be provided soon by Dolby one would presume

Dtsx pro however, will be released to trinnov, that will render 32 channels, so the trinnov will Have  the imax enhanced and dtsx pro. None of the processors come close to the trinnov, trinnov is on its league of its own

https://hometheaterreview.com/trinnov-announces-imax-enhanced-and-dtsx-pro-support/

Oh yes, it's also in a league of it's when it comes to pricing ! [emoji14]

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk

Sometimes even if we have the $$$$ to spend on say a high end equipment...it becomes a hard pill to swallow when knowing very well that you are "limited" by the space you have (typical in Singapore these days as space is a "luxury" that many of us simply do not have, especially those newer flats). First, we can't implement anything > 6 heights even the Amp allows for more...next if you are going to sit against the back wall and placement of speakers not ideal...even the highest end model will probably not gonna perform "miracle" here.

I can't stress more on the importance of getting the fundamentals right at the beginning is more important than getting the most high end AV equipment - e.g. proper placement of speakers and subwoofers. If done right, even a decent brand like Whaferdale or Tannoy speaker set can "sound like million dollars"! Of course, if you have a big space to play around with...by all means GET THE BEST THAT YOU CAN AFFORD or MONEY can buy :P

Haha, yea too ex, way beyond my budget ... I’ve a Friend who has it... quite complex interface as well, the distributor provides calibration and imparts the Know How

Hope Emotiva keeps improving on their processors. Right now it's not great, even with Dirac on board, but I assume they will get it right eventually in a couple of years, they have a 11.5.8 Dolby Atmos capable processor in the pipeline (2020-2021 I assume)

Another hope is if Marantz/Denon ditch audyssey in favour of Dirac Live ! I'm pretty sure they will be going 16 channel processing (pre-pro) soon, it is inevitable, but will they ever ditch Audyssey !

Arcam is another option in the future when they go 16 channel processing, even though they are pricey, they are still well below the price-range of Trinnov, datasat etc.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk

da69da17611df5d28e0f02bd2d1a5582.jpg

Lyngdorf MP-50 in the house now ! Just received my new set from Ohm Sound, the distributor here in Singapore. Unboxing this weekend, can’t wait, but thinking of all the cable management stuff...ahhhh [emoji28]

Next week I’ll be having a “guest”, the Denmark engineer from Lyngdorf will be in town, and will be at my place to calibrate my set up, professionally...

I’m sure he will calibrate to his taste, buts it’s ok, I’m gonna try and pick up as much about the MP-50 from him and squeeze every inch out from this investment...

Time to pick up new EQ skills and knowledge from the engineer....

Stay tuned, lotsa good stuff coming soon ....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sometimes even if we have the $$$$ to spend on say a high end equipment...it becomes a hard pill to swallow when knowing very well that you are "limited" by the space you have (typical in Singapore these days as space is a "luxury" that many of us simply do not have, especially those newer flats). First, we can't implement anything > 6 heights even the Amp allows for more...next if you are going to sit against the back wall and placement of speakers not ideal...even the highest end model will probably not gonna perform "miracle" here.

I can't stress more on the importance of getting the fundamentals right at the beginning is more important than getting the most high end AV equipment - e.g. proper placement of speakers and subwoofers. If done right, even a decent brand like Whaferdale or Tannoy speaker set can "sound like million dollars"! Of course, if you have a big space to play around with...by all means GET THE BEST THAT YOU CAN AFFORD or MONEY can buy :P

Yes u r right, fundamentals like the speaker and subwoofer placement, room acoustics, is absolutely critical. With the completion of my room acoustics now, even my LG OLED tv speakers sounds like the monitor audio speakers now, so different. It’s the first time I’m really listening to the characters of the main speakers in my hall now. Still really can’t believe, every morning I wake up and walk out to the hall, only the clock ticking sound tick tock, can be heard.

But once the fundamentals are there, the integration and EQ skills to the set up will be critical, especially for HT. And if u understand the equipment well, u can take it up to the next level. Most people don’t bother to read the forum or manual, just buy plug and play..... that way they are not fully utilising the strength and equipment capabilities

Similar to anthem, the lyngdorf is also required to put in the distance of the speakers and subs manually using a laser measurement tool. I don’t have an issue with that as I can use the Ddrc88a’s Dirac Live to calculate the accurate distance running a 1 point calibration, that includes the subs, and manually put in the numbers onto lyngdorf. Luckily I’ve not sold the second unit.

But I want to understand further the bass management aspect as I’m sure the seaton amplifiers will have delays, so the distance shouldn’t be what we measure by tape , I’ll ask the Lyngdorf engineer this question. Unless the room perfect is so advance it’s having a varying phase response on the fly?

Mp-50 users, how do u put in the distance on the subs ?

Lyngdorf MP-50 in the house now ! Just received my new set from Ohm Sound, the distributor here in Singapore. Unboxing this weekend, can’t wait, but thinking of all the cable management stuff...ahhhh [emoji28]

Next week I’ll be having a “guest”, the Denmark engineer from Lyngdorf will be in town, and will be at my place to calibrate my set up, professionally...

I’m sure he will calibrate to his taste, buts it’s ok, I’m gonna try and pick up as much about the MP-50 from him and squeeze every inch out from this investment...

Bro, the "extra" service comes with the purchase? or need to pay?  ;D

da69da17611df5d28e0f02bd2d1a5582.jpg

Congrats

Bro, the "extra" service comes with the purchase? or need to pay?  ;D

“Lucky” package... thanks to Ohm Sound! So happen Lyngdorf engineer will be in town, so “sun bian” ... very nice package I got, no regrets at all!

Don’t worry, I’ll share all the strengths of the mp50 and experience, so every MP-50 owner here will benefit...