Blu-ray/4K UHD titles with a killer Dolby Atmos/DTS X track!!!

91BJckV17YL._SX342_.jpg

Just watched the first of the Matrix trilogy...and I must say the Dolby Atmos soundtrack is really really good! I can't recall that I have heard Matrix sounded that good before...While the soundtrack surpassed my expectations...PQ wise not so I'm afraid. This is typical 2K upscaled to 4K resolution. But definitely still better than its bluray counterpart.

• 3 months later...
  • Replies 271
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

560x315mv.jpg

Just finished watching Spiderman Into the Spider-verse in 4K HDR with Atmos sound mix. I have to say that the Dolby Atmos track is a "killer"! It showcased the best of Dolby Atmos...It will put a smile on your face :)

This one is damn good! I love this, my kids love this, my boy is crazy over this animation, keep playing everyday !! Sound track and bass is damn good too, the early intro part has good very nice deep bass

A lot of stereo bass also, moving left right swinging up damn, very good indeed into the spider verse.

Song is also very nice, by post Malone

Animation of the year for me !

Another thing I noticed on the Sony pictures mastering is a lot of the movies mastered by Sony has got good nice deep bass, most of it.

The Disney ones are really disappointing, especially black panther, the entire MCU collection, sound track is poorly done

Pixar animation is also good, those Nemo, toy story, how to train dragons, those are very good

After watching spiderverse , my 5yr old came and asked me, what’s the meaning of “you have take a leap of faith “?

I told him you have to believe in yourself that you can do it ! Will be difficult but you can, like how Spider-Man is doing it. it’s quite a good motivational quote.

So last week while doing his abacus homework, he couldn’t solve one of the questions,  and then he paused and said, I have to take a leap of faith and try”

So cute can’t believe 5 year old telling me this!

They pick up so fast watching all these animation

560x315mv.jpg

Just finished watching Spiderman Into the Spider-verse in 4K HDR with Atmos sound mix. I have to say that the Dolby Atmos track is a "killer"! It showcased the best of Dolby Atmos...It will put a smile on your face :)

Just finished watching this movie with my son.

+1 Immersive ATMOS and Deep First Class Slam Deep Bass scenes there.

Just finished watching this movie with my son.

+1 Immersive ATMOS and Deep First Class Slam Deep Bass scenes there.

While most of us may not like the way the animation was done or worse not interested with animated cartoonish characters in a movie, I still urge everyone to at least give it a watch as it is highly entertaining especially the soundtrack and the aggressive Atmos sound mix. Easily demo worthy material.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Another thing I noticed on the Sony pictures mastering is a lot of the movies mastered by Sony has got good nice deep bass, most of it.

The Disney ones are really disappointing, especially black panther, the entire MCU collection, sound track is poorly done

Pixar animation is also good, those Nemo, toy story, how to train dragons, those are very good

Agreed with your observation on the Disney sound mix being average. Sony, paramount, WB and lions gate production usually very good sound mix.

Black panther SQ mix is truly disappointing.....

Yes. Disney sound mix sometimes a hit or miss. Black panther is indeed very bad but the PQ from 4K is something else.

Another brilliant one is the Aquaman in 4K HDR. Fortunately this title by Warner Bros came with proper medadata for my JVC N7 to perform proper tone-mapping and incidentally this is the first title that I came across that requires no post tone-mapping been done...It is mastered around 1,500 nits with an average of 450 nits per frame.

91YYkOHlKJL._SX522_.jpg

@Desray,

How do you determine if the disc has proper tone mapping? Reason I am asking is that this disc's HDR seems dim on my PJ while the other 4K HDR is okay.

My display, the JVC N7 is able to pick up the HDR metadata (MaxCLL and NaxFALL: 1,000 nits/974 nits) and did a tone-mapping for it. I have chose the new Panny custom Basic Luminance (BL) curve on the UB-420. It did not look dim in my setup.

Mastered in 1,000 nits using P3 color filter. A stronger yellow hue presented on the bodyworks of Bumblebee.