Blu-ray/4K UHD titles with a killer Dolby Atmos/DTS X track!!!

Watching Another Life now - a Netflix Original Series and of course it has Atmos and Dolby Vision.

Episode 3 now and the Atmos effects are simply stunning. Whenever there’s an explosion or debris hitting the space craft - the Atmos speakers really carry the overhead information. 

• Replies 270
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It’s not the best sci-fi series of all time. And there are some terrible “decisions” which would be uncharacteristic of people supposedly selected for these kinds of mission. But there is an intriguing mystery that I want to see solved.

Have to say the atmos is really good with obvious effects, bass not bad too i can feel the rumbling from my sofa. Seem like netflix been putting some effort in their SQ as compared to when they first launched atmos. Story wise is pretty decent.

Have to say the atmos is really good with obvious effects, bass not bad too i can feel the rumbling from my sofa. Seem like netflix been putting some effort in their SQ as compared to when they first launched atmos. Story wise is pretty decent.

Yes, this flew below my radar...watched a couple of episodes but agreed with all, the Atmos and bass effects are considered one of the better ones for a Netflix Originals. The 4K HDR also not bad.

Watching Another Life now - a Netflix Original Series and of course it has Atmos and Dolby Vision.

Episode 3 now and the Atmos effects are simply stunning. Whenever there’s an explosion or debris hitting the space craft - the Atmos speakers really carry the overhead information. 

To really feel the sound (bass) impact, I'll need to crank up my volume to -12db minimally. This is a series that need tocrank up your MV a little to truly enjoy the sound mix. Story wise, need to wait and see how it unfolds...With LLDV engaged on my Vertex-2, my Sony projector does give this Netflix a shine in the HDR presentation.

Also watching Another Life now.

Noticed what they used to depict an alien fruit in one of the episodes. Had me in stitches.😁😁

Episode 10. There is a scene where one of the crew hears some thumping overhead. And those Atmos speakers are just hammering it like it was upstairs from me. All 4 of the Atmos channels.

Episode 10. There is a scene where one of the crew hears some thumping overhead. And those Atmos speakers are just hammering it like it was upstairs from me. All 4 of the Atmos channels.

Thanks for sharing...will check it out :)

Warrior Nun.

Good Atmos effects. Not as noticeable as Another Life but still a good effort.

But I needed some material for testing the popping issue that had been affecting my system for a while now - which happened when I’m playing Dolby Vision and Atmos 

Horrible story though. Whiny unsympathetic main protagonist. And episode 6 now. Still not moving to the main story. I’ve heard of slow burns. But I’m not sure the payoff is any good.

On the plus side, it looks like changing the cable has fixed it.

spacer.png

The re-release of this classic is awesome...While there is no significant change to the PQ but the Dolby Atmos sound mix is pretty impressive. 

spacer.png

This one is even better...it scored a perfect 10/10 for my for both PQ and SQ. The Dolby Atmos is everything you hope for.

It's got a great Atmos soundtrack. Those fortunate enough to have a Trinnov pre can watch the little yellow balls bouncing around everywhere showing you where the object based sound is originating from - gives you a great idea of just what tracks have Atmos and which don't (and when your mind is tricking you into thinking there is!).

12 hours ago, Marc said:

It's got a great Atmos soundtrack. Those fortunate enough to have a Trinnov pre can watch the little yellow balls bouncing around everywhere showing you where the object based sound is originating from - gives you a great idea of just what tracks have Atmos and which don't (and when your mind is tricking you into thinking there is!).

Oh yes..I saw the demo in one of the Youtube clips...it's awesome. Trinnov pricing is not for the faint of heart. If only the company is willing to come up with a more wallet friendly product that need not have all the bells and whistles like it's brothers did, perhaps the omission of the support of so many channels as home setting in singapore will not go that many speakers. A 13.2 channels couple with Trinnov RoomEQ and priced at a reasonable range of S$5k to $7K will definitely pique my interest. 

I think Trinnov would have a massive winner if they had a more entry-level model than the Altitude16 I agree - but I suspect they realise that part of the market is filled by so many others now and they don't want to compete in that space. It would be like Aston Martin releasing a scaled back version of their cars for sub $100K. They don't need or want to.

I have a JBL SDP-55 also and while it too is brilliant, it still has lots of bugs they need to fix before it is stable.

17 minutes ago, Marc said:

I think Trinnov would have a massive winner if they had a more entry-level model than the Altitude16 I agree - but I suspect they realise that part of the market is filled by so many others now and they don't want to compete in that space. It would be like Aston Martin releasing a scaled back version of their cars for sub $100K. They don't need or want to.

I have a JBL SDP-55 also and while it too is brilliant, it still has lots of bugs they need to fix before it is stable.

Yes. That's a valid argument...and I think Trinnov pride themselves in the prosumer market all these years. Just a little disappointed that as a HT enthusiasts, most of us may not get a taste of how good Trinnov RoomEQ can be compared to the consumer grade Pre-Amp/AVR from well known house brands like Yamaha Aventage series, Denon, Marantz, Yamaha, Onkyo (looking forward to their next offering in AVR which might have Dirac Live implemented). Tried Anthem's ARC Genesis (RoomEQ) and I love it more than Audyssey but their upgrade cycle for their MRX series takes forever to roll out. The MRX x20 series is coming to almost 5 yrs now and still no news of an upgraded model. 

I've used all room correction platforms extensively, and while Dirac Live (in particularly it's latest updates and Bass Management) is easily the leader of the mainstream platforms now, Trinnov Optimiser just takes room correction to another whole level. Anyway, we are getting off topic now 🙂

Keep the Atmos track suggestions coming .. always keen to demo more!

4 hours ago, Marc said:

I've used all room correction platforms extensively, and while Dirac Live (in particularly it's latest updates and Bass Management) is easily the leader of the mainstream platforms now, Trinnov Optimiser just takes room correction to another whole level. Anyway, we are getting off topic now 🙂

Keep the Atmos track suggestions coming .. always keen to demo more!

How about Lyngdorf Room Perfect? How does it stack up? 

You caught me out. I should not have said "all" as that is one of the few I haven't used in known conditions. I've been involved with it, but not in my own known space so really can't fairly compare.

I like everything Lyngdorf do, and they've arguably been doing it longer than many others so it should be right up there.

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/4/2020 at 7:16 PM, Doggie Howser said:

Just finished episode 10. Yap the alien thumping that spaceship on the groud.

Front heights and rear heights in ATMOS  Awesome awake THUMPING.