Anyone using the new NAD AVRs? It has Dirac live!

https://hometheaterhifi.com/reviews/receiver-processor/receivers/nad-t-777-v3-av-surround-sound-receiver-review/amp/

Just realised the NAD receivers are using Dirac live!  :o :o and can store 5 sound profiles/house curves. Nice.

And the parts are modular. Nad designed it to be upgradable by parts, e.g. for hdmi version proofing. Quite smart

Anyone using the t758 and t777? The online reviews are quite good

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Personally, I would't want a "middle party" to "interfere" with video signals from the source origin to final display device, without any knowledge on what are the pros and cons that may affect the video quality in final presentation.

Hence my current setup is straight feed of HDMI from players to the TV. 2 HDMI for video, 1 for HDMI Audio(?)... that's fine...

Personally, I would't want a "middle party" to "interfere" with video signals from the source origin to final display device, without any knowledge on what are the pros and cons that may affect the video quality in final presentation.

Hence my current setup is straight feed of HDMI from players to the TV. 2 HDMI for video, 1 for HDMI Audio(?)... that's fine...

Good way to implement it...

https://hometheaterhifi.com/reviews/receiver-processor/receivers/nad-t-777-v3-av-surround-sound-receiver-review/amp/

Just realised the NAD receivers are using Dirac live!  :o :o and can store 5 sound profiles/house curves. Nice.

And the parts are modular. Nad designed it to be upgradable by parts, e.g. for hdmi version proofing. Quite smart

Anyone using the t758 and t777? The online reviews are quite good

How much ? NAD should be quite VFM...but will you want to settle for a mediocre hardware for the sake of getting the Dirac Live?

GP aka KEF agent has HT setup using NAD AVR with Dirac Live (not sure enabled or not). Go and have a listen. Good or not in one’s ears are subjective. It is paired with Oppo 203 as BRP. Speakers used are either Q/R series ones.

Agreed... Go and have a listen before committing.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Have you heard of it or just based on specification? Or impression of NAD?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No Bro. U r right, I should not have come to a conclusion when I did not even hear the NAD in action in person. The impression I had derived from some of the past sources I read about NAD gears. My apologies to the NAD owners if I have offended anyone with my remarks. Agreed that one should not discount immediately after one have actually "hear" the sound performance first.

i think MSRP is about $3.6 but can bargain till low 3s.

the hardware - which components not so good ah bro?

I take back my words...it is wrong of me to pass a negative remarks on NAD products when I personally have not experience it myself. My advice, go and have a listen and you will be the judge for yourself.

GP aka KEF agent has HT setup using NAD AVR with Dirac Live (not sure enabled or not). Go and have a listen. Good or not in one’s ears are subjective. It is paired with Oppo 203 as BRP. Speakers used are either Q/R series ones.

thanks for the feed! one day should check it out.

I take back my words...it is wrong of me to pass a negative remarks on NAD products when I personally have not experience it myself. My advice, go and have a listen and you will be the judge for yourself.

In the past... back during Pro-Logic matrix surround to AC3 transition period, NAD and ROTEL were considered "soft" in hometheater audio game competition when compared to other makes in the market from the Japs or North Americans(Sherwood, Carver comes to mind). More attentions were put on their stereo products then... which excels in both affordability as well as performance in the music field.

When discrete surround format turns matured, ROTEL takes the lead in performance when compared to NAD. Today... when we reach the full spectrum surround, base on praises and wows in reviews is not enough... I should also find a chance to go audition it... probably not the T777v3 but the little affordable T758v3...

( ;D If NAD can offer improvements on T748... lagi best! ;D )

These days seldom go down to Adelphi ever since Funan closed down. I think I should pay all the shop owners like Clarence from KEC and Sammy from SD a visit. And of course not forgetting the good staff from GP where I purchased my entire KEF R series.

Sent from my MI MAX 3 using Tapatalk

At $3K, it is actually quite a premium price to pay...i believe the hardware must be rather premium quality stuff.

Well... if you put it to compete with the Brits... Cambridge Audio and ARCAM... Or fellow Canadian ANTHEM?

Perhaps NAD may turn out to be budget winner?

I find my NAD audio hardware to be of way better quality than the AVRs I owned from Onkyo and Denon.  Both brands HDMI cards have fried on me within 1 year, and their backplate connectors were flimsy to say the least.  Not sure if NAD AVRs is of similar hardware quality as their audio series, but from my own user experience, I won't hesitate to consider NAD if shopping for gear...

Also NAD don't quote BS power ratings like the Japanese AVR and their sneaky fine-print power specs, NAD have a Full Disclosure Power policy.  Weblink here: https://support.nadelectronics.com/hc/en-us/articles/360000158988-NAD-Full-Disclosure-Power

These days seldom go down to Adelphi ever since Funan closed down. I think I should pay all the shop owners like Clarence from KEC and Sammy from SD a visit. And of course not forgetting the good staff from GP where I purchased my entire KEF R series.

Sent from my MI MAX 3 using Tapatalk

Can't beat visiting Lenbrook showroom if wanting to see the widest range of NAD/PSB stuff in SG.  I actually feel quite relaxed there, compared to browsing NAD at Alpha Audio (shuddering at the memory) or other NAD dealers...

Well... if you put it to compete with the Brits... Cambridge Audio and ARCAM... Or fellow Canadian ANTHEM?

Perhaps NAD may turn out to be budget winner?

Very true...if we group these 3 brands together.

I’ve actually had a listen on the t758 model last November 2017 at lenbrook .

That model came with Dirac, but sad It seemed like the clarity, details were missing when I played back some of the familiar Atmos tracks for demo. Atmos Speaker placement in the demo room didn’t feel right either , bass was like errrr.... i didn’t quite liked what I heard in the room, maybe I’m not a fan of the bur brown dacs on the NAD... so not sure if it was the speaker, AVR, or calibration

Later I noticed it wasn’t able to playback dtsx... so not sure if that was fixed or not. Firmware is one concern

Demo guy was very friendly and helpful, he explained in detail how Dirac was set up. Later while checking out Dirac, I noticed he didn’t use the recommended target curve provided by NAD, instead he calibrated the system to a flat target. Also noticed the microphone used is of lower quality ...

Moral of the story, it’s important to Ensure demo room is properly calibrated, otherwise consumers just lose confidence in the product...

a2c2bd3ac2b13ecb81e4427c60f6107f.jpgiiii

[img=. ]

h

Not sure how this new model v3 sounds, but this seems like the cheapest available Dirac capable AVR. Probably worth another visit

Arcam is actually quite good, very neutral sound. Not bad really. Arcam anytime over NAD

That's exactly my initial thoughts and impression after reading many reviews between NAD, ROTEL and Arcam comparisons ... But it is not right of me to jump to conclusion and call NAD as inferior to the rest of the lot especially when i never actually listen to it before. I think we should at least give the NAD a listen first before we comment. Hopefully Bro Sevenz like what he hears...