Chrome Boxes/Books

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anybody here using Chrome Boxes?  Thought I give it go and see what's like :)

Been using this for 3+years after giving up Starhub cable box.

Basically it's a web browser which you do everything on. The advantage is of course you can add extension like unblock youku and open many china sites. You can also open a music /youtube site and play music while you work on anther email tab. So for work cum entertainment it's the best system I have in the living room. Never look back after flying off Starhub. With the new gen having Android it makes streaming from your NAS much easier. And unlike windows no need for anti virus forever.

Chrome OS is definitely better than pure Android. More desktop like and you can open docs calculator blah blah blah. Only complain is the ports behind too cramp. And the lack of HDR to use it as your main system. It's for commercial /education use anyway but I decided to use it for entertainment.

Sound good and affordable.  I will go for the Asus Chromebox 3 or the latest HPs' when they are readily available! :)

I doubt HP will bring in. I got to beg Asus for the Chromebox 2.

Aside to David,

Mr Knight_Rider is keen in getting a unit of Chromebox CN62-G064U. Kindly assist him in his purchase.

Thank You!

Best Regards,

Catherine Lim

ASUS Global Pte Ltd | 15A Changi Business Park Central 1, #05-01. EIGHTRIUM. Singapore 486035

DID: (+65) 6622 8867 | Tel: (+65) 6622 8888 Ext 867 | Fax: (+65) 6622 8833 | Mobile: (+65) 94558628 |

raw?appid=YMailNorrin&ymreqid=bee15e5d-6ce6-c4a4-1c25-a50065010500&token=zitEzqOML3j84e6ealFTT5U7-km5qEQF52lp7AcCuBbplJG3PtB17FvsSOuAcdZYNm4zNjYPHadY12heCJnYIl41J_B0CagoE3N_z2YBhO-ldJA8i3vzfiNePJFcLA02

No demand. Very sad. Because Asus market it as a video player for business use to play their advertisement. I am one of the first to use it for entertainment when Asus chromebox 1 came. I wanted the 2 because of AC connection and better chip.

https://enterprise.google.com/chrome/devices/asus-chromebox-for-meetings/

No demand. Very sad. Because Asus market it as a video player for business use to play their advertisement. I am one of the first to use it for entertainment when Asus chromebox 1 came. I wanted the 2 because of AC connection and better chip.

https://enterprise.google.com/chrome/devices/asus-chromebox-for-meetings/

Not many ppl know chrome box.

Sent from my Redmi Note 4 using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

• 2 weeks later...

Yes agreed...Chrome OS will work better with a precision touchpad and a physical keyboard to boot. Touch is not as elegant and refine in my past experience. I am also waiting for a good 3:2 aspect ration display and a good touchpad and backlit keyboard and more importantly....the cost must be reasonable like say <$500. Anything more, it is harder to justify...Pixelbook is a very well built machine but what you are paying for is actually the hardware which is very much under-utilized...you don't need an Intel Kaby Lake 7th Gen CPU to make the Chrome OS run faster...any dual-core Intel chip will have more than enough juice to make it a zippy experience.

Paying $1000 or higher for Chromebook is when you have too much money to burn...