Denon AV Owners Thread

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Finally Denon releases something which can allow me to retire my 7200WA and 2309 combo needed to power the ATMOS height speakers and free up valuable console space. Need to offload my 4520 first though before getting this or my CFO will skin me alive.

Jan97, does this Monster run hot over extended use as my console has limited height clearance. You running 7.1.6 in your current setup?

Finally Denon releases something which can allow me to retire my 7200WA and 2309 combo needed to power the ATMOS height speakers and free up valuable console space. Need to offload my 4520 first though before getting this or my CFO will skin me alive.

Jan97, does this Monster run hot over extended use as my console has limited height clearance. You running 7.1.6 in your current setup?

5.1.4 at the moment.Warm to touch at -10db volume after 2 hours.Want to load 13 speakers, better allow some space clearance for heat dissipation.

5.1.4 at the moment.Warm to touch at -10db volume after 2 hours.Want to load 13 speakers, better allow some space clearance for heat dissipation.

Yep...we are talking about 13.1 discrete channels, it will be extremely unwise to place the AVR in TV cabinet. Bring it up where it can breathe.

I just read there is a "new" DSP mode called DTS Virtual:X which requires a firmware update meant for this model alone. Interesting...And of course, this time round all 3 immersive audio playback will operate with a switch of a button - yep, I'm talking about Auro 3D no longer need to be a paid upgrade this time. Considering the premium that user need to pay for this latest flagship...

The development of X8500 for those who can read Japanese.

excerpt:

高橋:まずデジタル電源などは10年前よりも高効率化、低ノイズ化が飛躍的に進んでいますので、小型化、高性能化が進んでいると言えます。

さらにオーディオ回路の設計手法も当時の設計と今の設計とは少し異なってきていると思っています。

●どんな点ですか。

高橋:以前は信号系の回路の間にバッファーを使ってノイズ対策をしていました。

今は高品位な音声フォーマットの良さを活かすべく、なるべくストレートにして、回路に余分なものは何も入れないようにしています。

これにより高品位なコンテンツが持つ魅力が、より色づけなくスピーカーまで伝えることが可能となります。

さらに大信号出力時の急激な信号レベルの変化にも忠実に対応できるように電流リミッターも入れないように設計しています。

保護回路として、全13チャンネルの全部に独立して温度モニターを入れることで安全性は担保しています。

●サウンドマネージャーが変わってから初のフラッグシップモデルということで音も新しい方向になっているのでしょうか。

高橋:はい。バッファーをできるだけ排除した設計にすることで、サウンドマネージャーである山内が提唱するスペーシャス、ビビッドという新しいコンセプトはしっかりと反映されています。

また、昨今はグローバルな意見を採り入れて、ヨーロッパを中心にエンドユーザーからさまざまな意見を聞きながらサウンドチューニングしています。

しかし、従来のデノンファンの方の期待にも応えられるように核となる部分はしっかりと残して音作りをしています。

その結果AVC-8500Hで実現したサウンドは、現在のデノンのフラグシップの名に相応しいものであると自負しています。

特にこのダイナミックなサウンドはフラッグシップモデルならではの物量なくしては得られないものでしょう。

Wall of text here:

http://pr.denon.com/jp/Denon/Lists/Posts/Post.aspx?ID=518#.WptiqOeYOUk

I just read there is a "new" DSP mode called DTS Virtual:X which requires a firmware update meant for this model alone. Interesting...And of course, this time round all 3 immersive audio playback will operate with a switch of a button - yep, I'm talking about Auro 3D no longer need to be a paid upgrade this time. Considering the premium that user need to pay for this latest flagship...

Auro 3D is not in at this time, need to wait for another 2 months.

Wow...sound like a totally "new beast" altogether. Definitely worth checking out myself.

Some details of what went into making this amp:

Lovely feeling knowing the dedication and heart and hard work that went into it:

AVC-X8500H開発者インタビュー - Denon Official Blog:

http://pr.denon.com/jp/denon/Lists/Posts/Post.aspx?ID=518#.WpuirpNuYcl

oei oei. go start another marantz 8805 thread if you also buy it.  ;) ;)

sorry all. still unpacking since moving into new place. messy still. everything will be up. got some new goodies to trial as well. wifey definitely not happy.

like bro jan97 mentioned this is 1 solid AVC. i never buy such top range before. too many new stuff all at once... overwhelming... slowly 1 by 1...

like bro jan97 mentioned this is 1 solid AVC. i never buy such top range before. too many new stuff all at once... overwhelming... slowly 1 by 1...

But don't you realised that you did the right thing?

(Audio)

8805 its here already! ;D. At S$5100++. Using KK 808 at the moment. Will be changing to MK x12 or the Arendal Sub 3.

No siok lar bro watching action movie with single 8" subwoofer eventhough driven by top flagship AVR8500... I have plan want to upgrade my current subs. Price wise for the same 12" driver JLe112 (×2) > higher than SVS sb2000(×3)

So which one will u bet for good?

No siok lar bro watching action movie with single 8" subwoofer eventhough driven by top flagship AVR8500... I have plan want to upgrade my current subs. Price wise for the same 12" driver JLe112 (×2) > higher than SVS sb2000(×3)

So which one will u bet for good?

Mr colgate, I am not a bass freak. ;D. Maybe that's me, HT is not all about bass. Dialog clarity, spaciousness , micro details,refinements  and dynamics are more important to me. At the moment, I am still happy with the 808 with chapter 8 , JW chapter2.It still tickles my balls with its textured bass.