Denon AV Owners Thread

Just found this interesting group and read 75 pages so far. Been happy with my Denon 4308 for 10 years until I read all these pages. Now itchy to upgrade.  :)

Can anyone comment on the benefit of switching from 4308 to X4300H? What audio improvement can I expect? Trying to reduce budget by buying previous model. I mainly use it for HT with 7.1 Wharfedales, probably not keen on Atmos yet as most streaming is only in 5.1 which is processed as Dolby Digital+. Thx

You will experience a leap in performance coming off 4308. Your question will be why? The answer lies in the internal DAC, processing power, HDMi chips used that allows for greater bandwidth plus the audyssey xt32 room correction software alone far surpasses any older models. The good part about the older models, they are built to last, good quality components, compared to the current made in China ones. But no matter how good the components used, it cannot keep up with advancement in technology , the technology itself is the main reason on why an upgrade is inevitable...it’s just a matter of time...

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In terms of absolute stereo sound quality, IMO, there may not be a big jump in performance. The 4308 was a solid performer. For HT, the main advantage will be the XT 32, and the additional options for the top sound layer. If you stick to 7.1, the advantages start to diminish. You will get more bang for your buck if you upgrade your speakers / subwoofer.. cheers

Thanks for all your comments about upgrading from 4308. Will do more research on the pros and cons vs budget. Upgrade amp also depends on how many atmos shows are available on Netflix, etc.

Three new question

1. is atmos coverage adequate using only 2 height speakers?

2. Height speakers must be ceiling mounted or can I use surround speakers on very tall 2.5m height shelves in front?

3. I m not an audiophile so my speaker requirements are quite basic, what brands would be considered a grade better/higher than Wharfedale Diamonds with denon. I will go audition later.

Thx

Thanks for all your comments about upgrading from 4308. Will do more research on the pros and cons vs budget. Upgrade amp also depends on how many atmos shows are available on Netflix, etc.

Three new question

1. is atmos coverage adequate using only 2 height speakers?

2. Height speakers must be ceiling mounted or can I use surround speakers on very tall 2.5m height shelves in front?

3. I m not an audiophile so my speaker requirements are quite basic, what brands would be considered a grade better/higher than Wharfedale Diamonds with denon. I will go audition later.

Thx

Speaker placement determines the quality of the end result. You can't expect fabulous sound if you can't shift your speakers.

No info on your speakers, budget or room details, hence the radio silence.

Start watching around 10:00 for the AVC 8500 information.

27kg!

Thick panels !

Copper plates around the power section.

Griffin Lite 32 bit DSP chips!

32 bit up-conversion:

http://www.analog.com/en/products/landing-pages/001/adsp-sc58x-adsp-2158x-series.htmlAround the 25:00 it can consume 2800W to power all 13 channels ... alt=:ohmy:https://www.stereo.net.au/forums/uploads/emoticons/default_ohmy.png[/img]​​​​​​​

Hi all,

Need some advice!

Can 6400 connect these speaker configuration?

L,C,R,RS,LS,RRS,LRS,HL,HR,HLS,HRS and VOG

It can, how to connect on the back of the amp.

TIA

6400 only support up to 11 channels. U can either configure to 11 channels for Atmos setup with no VOG or 10.1 for Auro 3D setup with no LRS & RRS.

Nice..

The build of this amp is really much better than the average AV amplifier. The chassis, the footers and even the trap door have receieved a lot of care.

Despite only using the same caps as in the 7200, the transformer is much heavier and this bodes well for the power supply.

My review:

http://peteswrite.blogspot.sg/2018/03/denon-avc-x8500h-review.html