Zappiti one 4k hdr media player

fada

Hi,

Looking to upgrade media player to support 4K + HDR. I notice that there are so many feedback on 4K media player in this forum but not on Zappiti one 4K HDR.

I’m curious if anyone here using the model stated above and how does it compare to A500, Egreat A10 or even any 4K Media player. I would appreciate any feedback from you guys.

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 322
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Going to order one to test [emoji51]

This looks very interesting if it can perform everything it claims. In this case we dont have to manually download movies in future.

Please give reviews after using this product  ;D

This looks very interesting if it can perform everything it claims. In this case we dont have to manually download movies in future.

Please give reviews after using this product  ;D

where does it say this player allows you to play movies without having the media files?

Omg.

I’ve got some downloaded tv shows that I’ve been watching on and off with klite codec for decoding. it pretty much works with every format. But the picture is kinda pixelated. And I thought it was source related.

Tonight I hooked it up and watched the next episode of Chicago Fire.

Damn. It looks good.

No sign of pixelation. And omg such good upscaled video.

Wife is watching with me so I can’t switch to a UHD remux and test out HDR and native UHD. BLOODY GOOD. And for $550 even if it is to replace my HTPC.

The opening sequence of The Big Bang Theory is pretty tough. Lots of pixelation on my PC. Still seem a little pixelated on the Zappiti but it is better.

All the REMUXed UHD works fine. With HDR and BT2020. And Atmos and DTSX

No idea where to get an ISO.

Have been playing with Zappiti Mini 4K HDR for about 2-3 weeks now and the picture quality is definitely much better than my Popcorn A400. It’s sharper & the colour on my Vision One 9” CRT projector is totally different and something which I have not experienced before. Loved it?

Anyone compare Zappiti with popcorn a500? appreciate for your input!

A500 provide quite decent PQ, if Zappiti can beat A500, it is worthy to get, [emoji4]

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

A500 provide quite decent PQ, if Zappiti can beat A500, it is worthy to get, [emoji4]

Yup A500 pq is quite good. But the limitation is it can't support HDR....

I checked Zappiti website, buy directly online from Zappiti with delivery is about S$400.

Anyone compare Zappiti with popcorn a500? appreciate for your input!

Zappiti new players are using the latest Realtek (RTD1295) quadcore ARM (A53) 64Bit SoC with Android 6.0 and believe only HDR10 because they don't specify.

If HDR is a must feature then there are choices of other players using the Realtek chipset eg the Zidoo X9S which has the Home Theatre movie jukebox which is similar to the Zappiti Jukebox and less than half the cost of Zappiti. Likewise, running the same Android Marshmallow too.

If HDR is not an essential, imho, media players using Sigma chipset has better picture quality than any players using Realtek chipset.

if you want HDR then the Popcorn Hour Transformer

https://www.cloudmedia.com/?product=...ur-transformer

Open Source 4K HDR Android Player, NAS, Linux PC, Server and Retro-gaming Machine

Rockchip RK3328

2GB/4GB LPDDR3

16GB/32GB eMMC Module (Removable and Upgradable Designs)

128Mb SPI Flash

Real Time Clock

Gigabit Ethernet

SATA Interface for 2.5″ HDD

MicroSD Card Reader

1x USB 2.0, 1x USB 2.0/OTG

HDMI 2.0a up to 4K@60Hz with HDR10/HLG

Audio Jack (Analog Stereo or Optical S/PDIF)

Infra Red Receiver and Remote Control

High Quality Aluminum Casing with Passive Cooling Fins

We partnered with PINE64 to support all the ROCK64 firmware including Open Source community firmware developed for ROCK64 such as LibreELEC, Android TV, Linux OS, OpenMediaVault, Lakka (RetroArch) and etc. Popcorn Hour Transformer is fully compatible with ROCK64 firmware

Popcorn Hour Transformer Media Computer hardware is identical to Popcorn Hour Transformer NAS. The different is, it pre-loaded with stock Android 7.1.2 firmware.

Package Content

Popcorn Hour Transformer

5V3A Power Adapter + US/EU Power Cable

IR Remote Control

In the past Realtek chips didn’t look as good. But that Zappiti looks incredible. Someone said it looked better than the Oppo 203 when playing back FullHD stuff. I’d tend to agree.

With UHD I couldn’t tell a difference between the file and the disc on the Oppo.

Anyone knows how come sigma is behind the game in 4k hdr presently? Do they have a product roadmap regarding to new chips?

Sigma is not behind in the 4K HDR market ... in fact they produced the 1st industry production SMP8762 chipset (SoC) sometime late 2015 for the hungry TV manufacturers and 4K HDR set-top boxes to deliver 4K hdr contents.