Zidoo Media Players Only

Hmmm... the new firmware 6.0.35 beta does not resolve the DV playback issue I am hoping for.  Playing back DV mkv movie files through Denon X7200WA to LG C8 still results in intermittent syncing issue (flashing black screen followed by Dolby Vision logo at random intervals - from 20 sec to 2 mins).  This is consistent with other users in Zidoo forum, particularly LG Oled TV owners, but some Sony TV users also reported similar issue.

Strange enough, some of the test files (DV mkv files in different DV profiles) available here either play flawlessly, play in HDR mode or does not play in HDR, but never have any re-syncing issues:

http://www.makemkv.com/download/dvtest/

- P4 LG Dolby Trailer - only play in SDR

- P5 Dolby Amaze - play beautifully in Dolby Vision (and Dolby Atmos of course - this clip never ceases to "amaze" me how well the sound travels all over my living room space, not to mention the thunderstorm bass...)

- P7 FEL GIJoe - only play in HDR mode (DV not triggered)

- P8 MEL GIJoe - play flawlessly in Dolby Vision

- P81 GlassBlowing - play flawlessly in Dolby Vision

These playback characteristics were already observed when I was on FW 6.0.30_G.  So, not really any different in terms of DV playback department.  I guess it will take some time for Zidoo to resolve DV issues.

@Boxerfan88 I downloaded from this link.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone using ZDMC? I need some help...

I am using ZDMC 18.8. ZDMC 18.8 doesn’t mark an item watched after the external Zidoo player finishes. I have to manually mark the item as watched. (I am using a central SQL database.) 

Any idea how to fix this?

Edited by Boxerfan88

Hi.

Can anyone help to confirm whether Music Player 6 is included in the latest 2.3.35 for uhd2000 and z9s

It is not mention in the firmware log but people are talking about it in the Zidoo forums

Thanks in.advance.

HT4 scraping is still a big problem for me, a lot of incorrect matches, quite fed up and unusable for me. Forced me to fall back to Kodi (ZDMC). ZDMC works pretty well with Zidoo's internal player (which does a fantastic job re-mapping between the various color spaces/HDR-SDR/DV/etc. After poking around to get ZDMC automation working with my AVR, finally success. So nice for Zidoo to be able to control the Yamaha AVR. Am a happy man! Hopefully the information below can be helpful to anyone wanting to integrate their Zidoo ZDMC with their AVR (if you own Yamaha then you can just leverage the sample below, for other brands you gotta create your control scripts).

1. Location of ZDMC's userdata folder via SMB access:  \\zidoo_IP_addr\Share\Android\data\com.zidoo.zdmc\files\.kodi\userdata\

2. ZDMC's userdata internal path within Zidoo/Android: /storage/emulated/0/Android/data/com.zidoo.zdmc/files/.kodi/userdata/

3. keymap example for defining your own hotkeys and linking to associated Python scripts. keyboard.xml

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<keymap>
  <global>
    <keyboard>
      <equals>RunScript(/storage/emulated/0/Android/data/com.zidoo.zdmc/files/.kodi/userdata/Yamaha/AVRvolumeUp.py)</equals>
      <minus>RunScript(/storage/emulated/0/Android/data/com.zidoo.zdmc/files/.kodi/userdata/Yamaha/AVRvolumeDown.py)</minus>
      <equals mod="ctrl,alt">RunScript(/storage/emulated/0/Android/data/com.zidoo.zdmc/files/.kodi/userdata/Yamaha/AVRvolumeUp5.py)</equals>
      <minus mod="ctrl,alt">RunScript(/storage/emulated/0/Android/data/com.zidoo.zdmc/files/.kodi/userdata/Yamaha/AVRvolumeDown5.py)</minus>
      <zero mod="ctrl,alt">RunScript(/storage/emulated/0/Android/data/com.zidoo.zdmc/files/.kodi/userdata/Yamaha/DSP_Straight.py)</zero>
      <one mod="ctrl,alt">RunScript(/storage/emulated/0/Android/data/com.zidoo.zdmc/files/.kodi/userdata/Yamaha/DSP_Standard.py)</one>
      <two mod="ctrl,alt">RunScript(/storage/emulated/0/Android/data/com.zidoo.zdmc/files/.kodi/userdata/Yamaha/DSP_Adventure.py)</two>
      <three mod="ctrl,alt">RunScript(/storage/emulated/0/Android/data/com.zidoo.zdmc/files/.kodi/userdata/Yamaha/DSP_Spectacle.py)</three>
      <four mod="ctrl,alt">RunScript(/storage/emulated/0/Android/data/com.zidoo.zdmc/files/.kodi/userdata/Yamaha/AVRvolume40.py)</four>
      <p mod="ctrl,alt">RunScript(/storage/emulated/0/Android/data/com.zidoo.zdmc/files/.kodi/userdata/Yamaha/AVRscene_Z9X.py)</p>
      <volume_mute>noop</volume_mute>
    </keyboard>
  </global>
  <fullscreenvideo>
    <keyboard>
      <up>SkipNext</up>
      <down>SkipPrevious</down>
      <a mod="ctrl,alt">audionextlanguage</a>
    </keyboard>
  </fullscreenvideo>
  <visualisation>
    <keyboard>
      <up>SkipNext</up>
      <down>SkipPrevious</down>
    </keyboard>
  </visualisation>
</keymap>

4. Sample Yamaha scripts.

# this script is to run outside XBMC
import socket, time, struct, os

# open connection to Yamaha AVR at port 50000
# send the command
# close the connection

AVR_IP=os.getenv("AVR_IPADDR",'1.1.1.999')
AVRPORT=50000

s = socket.socket(socket.AF_INET, socket.SOCK_STREAM)
s.setsockopt(socket.IPPROTO_TCP, socket.TCP_NODELAY, 1)
s.setsockopt(socket.SOL_SOCKET, socket.SO_LINGER, struct.pack('ii', 1, 0))
s.connect((AVR_IP,AVRPORT))
time.sleep (0.2)

YNCA_CMD='@MAIN:SOUNDPRG=Spectacle\r\n'
s.send(YNCA_CMD.encode())
time.sleep (0.2)

s.close()

5. Setting up pointers to the central database in advancedsettings.xml.

<advancedsettings>
    <videodatabase>
        <type>mysql</type>
        <host>1.1.1.999</host>
        <port>3306</port>
        <user>xbmc</user>
        <pass>********</pass>
    </videodatabase> 
    <musicdatabase>
        <type>mysql</type>
        <host>1.1.1.999</host>
        <port>3306</port>