Zidoo Media Players Owners Thread

Doesn't look like there is a thread on this unit which seems to be a good one for playback of your own media collection off a NAS plus DSD and analog XLR output. 

I just bought it via EBAY from a1_futureshp which now appears to be the Australian distributor. 

Anyone one else grab one? (I think Marc got one a while back)

There is an afterpay ebay special - 15% off the RRP so it's a great buy in my book for those looking for a great media player using the latest realtek RDT1619 chipset. 

• Like 1

• Administrator

It's a fantastic unit, and the best of all the devices I have tried for straightforward local playback of media. 

A1 is a reseller, not the distributor, not that it matters :)

Join the user's group on FB too - lots of support and updates there.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Marc said:

It's a fantastic unit, and the best of all the devices I have tried for straightforward local playback of media. 

A1 is a reseller, not the distributor, not that it matters :)

Join the user's group on FB too - lots of support and updates there.

I have the ZX9 and have been wrapped with it. Has the newer realtek chipset so image quality improves slightly again over the dune and others. Got the 'air mouse' has a complete keyboard on the back too. not backlit though. But the main remote is nice and backlit. There's a couple of youtube bugs that prevent you signing in at present. but the software seems to update frequently enough automatically.

image.png.12e03a14ff5f553c5302540cef4879fc.png

• Like 1

• Administrator
14 hours ago, oztheatre said:

There's a couple of youtube bugs that prevent you signing in at present. but the software seems to update frequently enough automatically.

They've just sent me a new APK for the poster wall that resolves that problem, and I believe a firmware update this week includes the fix also.

That's one of the things I'm loving about Zidoo - support is prompt and 99.9% of the time has the right answers :)

So full passthrough of ATMOS tracks?

These units look awesome.  Massive internal storage capacity too.  I'd like to see a bit more RAM, but really a well priced unit for what it can do.  I've never had an interest in going NAS, internal/external storage has always served me well.  Internal is preferable over external, which makes the UHD3000 desirable to me.

1 hour ago, Marc said:

They've just sent me a new APK for the poster wall that resolves that problem, and I believe a firmware update this week includes the fix also.

That's one of the things I'm loving about Zidoo - support is prompt and 99.9% of the time has the right answers :)

That is great news! It's a great little player, the ZX9 is their cheapest unit too at $379 you cannot beat it. 

They all seem to use the same chipset too, the 3000 shares the same imaging chip.

Realtek RTD1619DR hexa-core 64-bit A55 processor

• Administrator

I believe that is the only one that will do Dolby Vision too. It's a unique and popular selling point throughout Asia and Europe, given most users there live in smaller dwellings and don't have projectors. They're all about latest spec TVs there.

• Like 1

To those upgrade fm z9x to uhd 3000. 

Can provide any specific major detail improvent between 2? Any reason why one should jump into uhd 3000 wagon?

Just now, nur_hsc said:

Can provide any specific major detail improvent between 2? Any reason why one should jump into uhd 3000 wagon?

On 6/12/2021 at 11:45 AM, nur_hsc said:

Better Build quality.  Better power supply.  Better DAC chip.  Can holds 2 HDD internally.  Better remote control.  USB input for DAC playback. XLR output.  Z9X does almost everything the UHD3000 can do; it can achieve it at a very attractive price.

(Audio)

Edited by Audio
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, oztheatre said:

That is great news! It's a great little player, the ZX9 is their cheapest unit too at $379 you cannot beat it. 

They all seem to use the same chipset too, the 3000 shares the same imaging chip.

Realtek RTD1619DR hexa-core 64-bit A55 processor

Thats the zidoos advantage ; if you dont mind a dc power supply [the upper levels have ac with upgraded power supply] it has the latest realtek 1619 chipset . Or an outboard psu is always an option at these prices :)

The new dunes have it too but much dearer ; the not yet out here top of the line dune hd ultravision is $2k but its twin psu's have isolated digital/analogue sections and it uses the best hardware [ shottky diodes nichicon' wima caps etc]

Some unique features if you are willing to pay ; keeping 4:2:0 separate from 4:4:4 files B|

In particular, it is possible to configure what chroma subsampling modes should be used for each individual HDMI video mode. The majority of competing media player models do not have such controls.

22 minutes ago, Spizz said:

Does this display both blu-ray and ultra HD disc full menus?

The zidoo z1000 pro with built in hdd and ac input /better power supply lists it :)So does the ZX9 as well vvv 👌

UHD-BD/BD/DVD/BD-3D ISO FULL MENU

UHD Blu-Ray/Blu-Ray/3D Blu-Ray/DVD ISO full menus. BDJ 1.0/1.2/2.0. Supports BD region switch. Note, BD and UHD-BD ISO full menu support is not 100% due to continuous evolution of BD and UHD specification. Where no full menu ISO support the video can be accessed by text menu.

Support BD/BD3D/UHD full Blu-ray navigation and complex MPLS structure Blu-ray seamless branching playback.

Add on to what Audio already mentioned...the doubling of physical RAM from 2GB for Zidoo Z9X to 4GB for UHD-3000 does make a difference when it comes to loading of BD ISO and 4K UHD ISO playback with full menu support. At least that's what I have experienced from my current setup. 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Audio said:

Better Build quality.  Better power supply.  Better DAC chip.  Can holds 2 HDD internally.  Better remote control.  USB input for DAC playback. XLR output.  Z9X does almost everything the UHD3000 can do; it can achieve it at a very attractive price.

(Audio)

Beter better better but important does it make better picture n sound? Sorry the pun. Thx

2 hours ago, nur_hsc said:

Beter better better but important does it make better picture n sound? Sorry the pun. Thx

You can try ,

1) Main port output video only.

2) Secondary port output Audio only.

• Like 1

Guest wcseow
4 hours ago, nur_hsc said:

I used to own a Z9s and UHD2000, one generation  below.

To me, there is no difference in PQ when playing movies. Sound wise, I do not sense a difference too.

Where I can sense one, though, is the initial load speed of the movies and navigation fluidity as mention by Raylim76. Though it does not sound much, but to me, it does better  the experience.

Further, the current generation support DV and apparently also offers more conversion. If this is being used, my guess is that the higher model like 1000pro or UHD3000 will be faster. 

Fyi, my setup was UHD3000 with local HDD and Z9s stream from UHD3000. 

Hope it helps.

19 hours ago, nur_hsc said:

This is highly dependent on your current equipment.  Are they good enough to show the difference?  Are you fussy enough to appreciate the difference?  Is the difference worth paying several times the price of the Z9X?  These could only be answered by yourself.

Frankly if you just want the RTD1619 Dolby Vision Engine functionalities, the Z9X would be enough.   But if you already own a elaborate video system setup, then build quality matters and only the UHD3000 would do because you would want the better unit to match up.

It's fortunate that I happen to have 2 iPhone shots at my screen; one done while playing the Z9X and the other with UHD3000.  Frankly, I could not tell the difference mentally because I could definitely accept and live with the Z9X quality.    But now that I am doing the comparison for you, there is indeed a difference and yes, the UHD3000 has better details. 

Looks at her facial complexion (right cheek), the sparkle details on her right hand pad and the hair details on her right arm.

Also, please understand my "better" is not the same as your "better". 

(Audio)

Z9X

IMG_8141.thumb.JPEG.e41d5ff19d225bd6d1d203f5eea1546d.JPEG

UHD3000

IMG_8820.JPEG

Edited by Audio
  • Like 3

• Administrator

It does, as it runs on Android and you can access Play Store. However, I have found this mostly buggy and would not recommend this platform if you're primary interest is streaming apps. We still use an Apple TV 4K for those services. IMO, where the Zidoo platform shines is its handling of locally stored media.

• Thanks 1

anybody here able to get the music player up and running?

I have 2 Z9s, I have finally able to solve the streaming issues, now both units runs well without any stutter while streaming from NAS

one of my Z9s is with music player 5.0, able to scan all the files (literally able to play everything i have) 

but the albums cover name and details are mostly wrong

I try renaming properly the files as indicated by the forum, but nevertheless still can't

the other Z9s is running on music player 6.0 , every time I start to scan, the app closes and restart

any idea whats wrong? I tried many many times, just couldn't get to scan my NAS

Hi guys,

Will like to check how you guys transfer your files - open to advice.

Right now, I have a 5-HDD Orico Bay running 44TB  connected directly to Zidoo UHD3000 via it's back USB 3.0 port.

zidoo UHD3000 internal left storage bay have a  internal 14TB HDD so total running on 58TB now.

Overall transfer files speed observed tranferring up to 160-180Mb\second.

Current files transfer method for me:

1.  From PC Laptop Transfer Files directly to Orico 5 HDD Bay Directy via its single USB 3.0 direct cable

2.  From PC Laptop Transfer files directly to USB 3.0 External 2.5inch HDD directy first. Then from 2.5inch HDD transfer files directly to Internal ZIDOO HDD

3.  Power on zidoo can either perform cut\copy\paste files from Orico HDDbay or 2.5inch external HDDs to internal 14TB HDD

Question here.

1.  Is there anyway to transfer files from a laptop PC directly to zidoo internal HDD of 14TB via USB?

Or the only way is via network ?

2. Will connect all devices on a single Switch allow all to communicate easily with 1 another directly or?

3. Any other good suggestions is also welcome cheers.

Just purely sharing on the easiest convenience of file transfer.

Thanks so much cheers.

Edited by rock123

On 25/06/2021 at 7:34 PM, rock123 said:

Hi guys,

Will like to check how you guys transfer your files - open to advice.

Right now, I have a 5-HDD Orico Bay running 44TB  connected directly to Zidoo UHD3000 via it's back USB 3.0 port.

zidoo UHD3000 internal left storage bay have a  internal 14TB HDD so total running on 58TB now.

Overall transfer files speed observed tranferring up to 160-180Mb\second.

Current files transfer method for me:

1.  From PC Laptop Transfer Files directly to Orico 5 HDD Bay Directy via its single USB 3.0 direct cable

2.  From PC Laptop Transfer files directly to USB 3.0 External 2.5inch HDD directy first. Then from 2.5inch HDD transfer files directly to Internal ZIDOO HDD

3.  Power on zidoo can either perform cut\copy\paste files from Orico HDDbay or 2.5inch external HDDs to internal 14TB HDD

Question here.

1.  Is there anyway to transfer files from a laptop PC directly to zidoo internal HDD of 14TB via USB?

Or the only way is via network ?

2. Will connect all devices on a single Switch allow all to communicate easily with 1 another directly or?

3. Any other good suggestions is also welcome cheers.

Just purely sharing on the easiest convenience of file transfer.

Thanks so much cheers.

Forum seem merged. + 1  :)

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...