Zidoo Media Players Owners Thread

My z9x is on v6.0.22 G.

IF3HNAr.jpg

If this is the case, then it may very well be the capability of the display (OLED TV in this case) if it has DV or not? For me, I also missing this VS10 Engine. Since mine is using a Projector (which is a non-DV display) but the use of Vertex 2 does help to spoof the EDID of the Projector to be DV compliant.

Saw iQiyi app in play store just dl n try...must lie down to watch  ;D ;D ;D

AKb4Xjw.jpg

Did you try to change the orientation to "Auto"rotate screen? If no, you may want to try this step:

Quick Setup > Other > Advanced Setup > Display > Auto-rotate screen > "On"

If this is the case, then it may very well be the capability of the display (OLED TV in this case) if it has DV or not? For me, I also missing this VS10 Engine. Since mine is using a Projector (which is a non-DV display) but the use of Vertex 2 does help to spoof the EDID of the Projector to be DV compliant.

Ok mystery solved. Indeed my hunch is right. The HDR settings in Z9X will change in accordance to the EDID of your display. In my case, I have HD Fury Vertex 2, as such I am able to spoof my display to be one that is capable of displaying DV.

When I switched off LLDV mode in my Vertex 2. The EDID changed to normal HDR10 display. And here is what I see in my HDR setting.

d0743f0ec7e5130bdc21e604cc521b80.jpg

2d015d87cd9b543a7b03f015be01c1c6.jpg

Notice now the LLDV is missing. The VS10 Engine became the default since my display is no longer DV capable. The VS10 engine will now take over as the software based LLDV in place of my Vertex 2. In short, I can either choose Vertex 2 to do the LLDV or now I can allow my Z9X to do the LLDV conversion for me. This is definitely great for projector users who don’t want to get the Vertex 2.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ok mystery solved. Indeed my hunch is right. The HDR settings in Z9X will change in accordance to the EDID of your display. In my case, I have HD Fury Vertex 2, as such I am able to spoof my display to be one that is capable of displaying DV.

When I switched off LLDV mode in my Vertex 2. The EDID changed to normal HDR10 display. And here is what I see in my HDR setting.

Notice now the LLDV is missing. The VS10 Engine became the default since my display is no longer DV capable. The VS10 engine will now take over as the software based LLDV in place of my Vertex 2. In short, I can either choose Vertex 2 to do the LLDV or now I can allow my Z9X to do the LLDV conversion for me. This is definitely great for projector users who don’t want to get the Vertex 2.

Well done on your part and will try out later on a non DV but 3D capable LED TV. :D

Did you try to change the orientation to "Auto"rotate screen? If no, you may want to try this step:

Quick Setup > Other > Advanced Setup > Display > Auto-rotate screen > "On"

Yes I did but doesn’t help. Other side loaded apks are mostly ok so didn’t bother much.

Btw, although can see DV VS10 Engine in my settings but once click on it my tv become black screen with a DV logo at the top right corner. That means tv actually received DV signal but just don’t know why no image. Tried diff colour settings n hdmi mode also can’t help. Read from zidoo forum this is due to lg oled tv bug...not sure how true.

Yes I did but doesn’t help. Other side loaded apks are mostly ok so didn’t bother much.

Btw, although can see DV VS10 Engine in my settings but once click on it my tv become black screen with a DV logo at the top right corner. That means tv actually received DV signal but just don’t know why no image. Tried diff colour settings n hdmi mode also can’t help. Read from zidoo forum this is due to lg oled tv bug...not sure how true.

You using CX OLED? For my uhd2000 to work perfectly I needed to switch off the OLED option from the TV to enable the colours to be better

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Zidoo has confirmed that they are working on the SDK, and developing Dolby Vision support for MKV containers regarding profiles 4,5,8 & 9. Good stuff!

As of now, Zidoo’s instructions are the following:

For SDR Displays:

Quick Setting> Display>HDR> VS10 Engine

For HDR Displays (no DV):

For HDR source: Quick Setting> Display>HDR> Auto

For SDR or Dolby Vision source: Quick Setting> Display>HDR> VS10 Engine

For Dolby Vision Displays:

For SDR or single Dolby Vision source: Quick Setting> Display>HDR>LLDV

For HDR or Dolby Vision source: Quick Setting> Display>HDR>Auto

Did u use the stock HDMI Cable that came with the set?

Mine is an LG OLED C9 and has no problem with DV so far.

What type of media file format are you playing?

You using CX OLED? For my uhd2000 to work perfectly I needed to switch off the OLED option from the TV to enable the colours to be better

Yes bro, using CX oled. Which oled option are u referring to? Where to find it?

Mine is an LG OLED C9 and has no problem with DV so far.

What type of media file format are you playing?

Haven’t even play any file yet...click on DV VS10 tv immediately turn black screen liao

Yes bro, using CX oled. Which oled option are u referring to? Where to find it?

Haven’t even play any file yet...click on DV VS10 tv immediately turn black screen liao

Under Hdmi Ultra HD Deep. As you see I've turned off the HDMI 3.

e2cb9a7b7553ab4db54abbd3080e7bd4.jpg

This helped me to enable the HDR on the LG.

599d0490929a70b7bd413f72268c7ea2.jpg

If I switch it on, the TV does not detect it and also the movie is very dark and its like no colours add into the movie.

Did u use the stock HDMI Cable that came with the set?

Not using the stock cable. Lazy to get to the back of console so just unplug the z9s and plug in z9x. Using back this cheapo cable...dunno it’s the culprit onot. Must find time to check it out

le78jtG.jpg

If I switch it on, the TV does not detect it and also the movie is very dark and its like no colours add into the movie.

I understand that I'm using uhd2000 a non DV media player. But it's worth a try to see if it works for anyone else.

So far I have no problem playing hdr file. Hmm...i’ll try it out see how. Thanks bro

Not using the stock cable. Lazy to get to the back of console so just unplug the z9s and plug in z9x. Using back this cheapo cable...dunno it’s the culprit onot. Must find time to check it out

le78jtG.jpg

Yes, do give it a try. A lot of people having problem with their image display on the TV because of the HDMI cable. If I were you, I’ll do it now rather than later. [emoji2]

ca9050115f4d0c52da58162c57b4ddb6.jpg

If possible avoid the stock cable and use high-speed hdmi cable to manage the content up to 4K video at 30/60Hz, 3D, HDR, etc to give only the highest quality picture for your LG OLED.

Above picture says it all from an iPhone XS Max

Here are my personal comments regarding the latest Zidoo media player using the latest Realtek RTD1619 System on Chip (SoC). I have them for sometime and expected to roll-up my sleeves especially for the first batch but are surprised of the stability of the firmware as well as the product itself. The Z9X as expected performs just as well as the Z1000 Pro since they both used identical chipset other than the RAM size.

be88f51e7fd38b973b2e25895cf2feb4.jpg

The Zidoo Z9X comes in a standard box while the Z1000 Pro in a well designed box similar to videophile device packaging. Other than the media player itself, it has the remote, a SATA connector for external HDD connection, an HDMI cable and very basis user manual.

However, I have to scrambled for batteries for the remote as they are not included as part of the accessories which is something I didn’t expect.

The Realtek RTD1619DR SoC is a Six-Core ARM 55 CPU accompanied by the new Mali-G51 GPU and promises improved performance greater than 50% compared to the previous model. It can support HDR10+ high dynamic range format as well as Dolby’s VS10 processing engine for the conversion of various high dynamic range protocols.

Connectivity is the almost the same for both units except the Z1000 Pro has a RS232 port, and RCA jacks for audio, video and coaxial but for most users, is still superb with:

• 2x USB3.0

• 2x USB2.0

• 1x SATA3.0 (up to 16TB)

• 1x HDMI2.0a Out

• 1x HDMI 2.0 In

• 1x Optical Out

• 1x A/V Out for legacy connections

• 1x RS232

• 1x Gigabit RJ45

• 1x Dual-band high-speed wireless 867Mbps MIMO module with two integrated high gain antennas

• 1x Bluetooth BT4.2

b0124dfea77fae3a5cec490fe12a8cde.jpg

In addition to the above the Z1000 Pro has large front LED display panel, a switching mode power supply and hidden HDD Bay for 3.5” HDD drive and hidden dual band 2R2T antennas.

602b3e1cbb791b17376a6f1d07bc8beb.jpg

Traditionally, Zidoo still supports all major playback features, and then some with auto frame rate switching, accurate MaxCLL/Fall information, HD Audio, 3D frame-packing and it’s proprietary movie jukebox (Home Theatre) and music jukebox (Music Player) has migrated from ver 2 to 3.0.

Zidoo user interface relies on Google’s Android 9.0 Operating System (OS) and both models has its own UI but the underlying objectives remain identical ie able to have the options of selecting the input source (usb, smb and nfs) and the various menu settings.

Zidoo user interface relies on Google’s Android 9.0 Operating System (OS) and both models has its own UI but the underlying objectives remain identical ie able to have the options of selecting the input source (usb, smb and nfs) and the various menu settings.

68ec401089b25f0f360988b0b30f04e6.jpg

The Z9X remote is still the same plastic one, with the back-lit option, IR based with a reasonable line of sight window. However, the range and line of sight seems to be better than the competition.

For the Zidoo Z1000 Pro, it is a Bluetooth remote and you don’t have to point at the player to activate a function. It seems the higher-end Zidoo players are having this option rather than the IR based type.

Via the pre-installed app, you can configure specific buttons with certain apps or actions and if prefer to use your smartphone, Zidoo has you covered with an Application for both iOS and Android platforms. This will function like a remote.

In terms of menu placement, UI is still the same classic Android-like type with large icons suitable for TV use and the main page showing the main applications and setting shortcuts. Like all Android-based media players, you can also add shortcuts of your favorite apps in the main page’s last row instead of going to the Apps Section searching for a commonly used App.

There is no change to (QUICK) settings menu as they are well organized by category. Playback, Display, Audio, Network, and Other. The integration of the new high dynamic range processor from Dolby added two very interesting settings in the Display-> HDR category. “Dolby Vision VS10 Engine” and “Dolby Vision Low Latency”.

So does these Zidoo players worth your dollars?

Stay Tuned for the testing summary which is still in progress.