Zidoo Media Players Owners Thread

As regards No. 4 - the supplied adaptor is compatible with Singapore 220-240v - at least the one I bought from TB and have been using without issue for the last 6 months or so.

As regards No. 3- the more recent firmware updates come with Google Playstore pre-installed

p4: they will still works is just the plugs are dif and power factor.

p3: some Chinese dealer convert the set also.

I don't mind getting from Earth Sound but still need.to wait 1-2weeks to be delivered from China

If ES has stocks on hand , I don't mind getting another set

You should get it by next Friday , as the next collection time for ninja van is Tuesday 10-3pm.

would not be surprised. oled screen, higher end parts than uhd 2000.

oled touch screen , dolby vision liz , headphone amp and few more change/improve further and US rate hit 1.45 soon, delay of development as some of the  team still working from home.... cross our hand for release by Aug/Sep ,hope to keep the price below $2.5k

Guest wcseow

Bought the Z9s from Earth Sound, will be used to stream movies from UHD2000. Something new to learn, as I am new to this apl stuff...lol

Guest comfortablynumb

Bought the Z9s from Earth Sound, will be used to stream movies from UHD2000. Something new to learn, as I am new to this apl stuff...lol

How long it took to deliver the z9s from Earth Sound?

Guest wcseow

How long it took to deliver the z9s from Earth Sound?

I put in the order past 9pm, missed econav's collection time. So i guess will be around Apr 2

Hi bro Wcseow, why don't you try connecting the HDD to your router instead of your UHD2000?

Guess most routers now has function where you can connect HDD to them and accessible to all within your home network.

Thought this will be better as the router is always ON unless the UHD2000 allows your Z9s to assess the internal HDD without turning it on.

Just my 2c

Guest wcseow

Hi bro Wcseow, why don't you try connecting the HDD to your router instead of your UHD2000?

Guess most routers now has function where you can connect HDD to them and accessible to all within your home network.

Thought this will be better as the router is always ON unless the UHD2000 allows your Z9s to assess the internal HDD without turning it on.

Just my 2c

Hi. Thanks.

My router is in the DB box area and all my rooms are all cabled into there. Thus space and ventilation could be an issue.

I thought it is easier to have it internal to the UHD2000 until I get familiar with the mechanics and guage the rest of my family usage. After which i plan to get a NAS and start another leaning cycle.

Probably will take some time to backup my collection. Intent not to setup RAID when go to NAS which i gather well be easier to just move the hard disk in.

Hi. Thanks.

My router is in the DB box area and all my rooms are all cabled into there. Thus space and ventilation could be an issue.

I thought it is easier to have it internal to the UHD2000 until I get familiar with the mechanics and guage the rest of my family usage. After which i plan to get a NAS and start another leaning cycle.

Probably will take some time to backup my collection. Intent not to setup RAID when go to NAS which i gather well be easier to just move the hard disk in.

Cheers.

You are right to get a better understanding the family needs and plan from there.

Guest comfortablynumb

After which i plan to get a NAS and start another leaning cycle.

If you have a NAS then the 2 bays in your UHD2K will be obsolete.....

I have 24TB NAS storage and its stopping me to get the UHD2K unless Zidoo comes out with another model with similar UHD2K specs minus the 2 bays.

I have 24TB NAS storage and its stopping me to get the UHD2K unless Zidoo comes out with another model with similar UHD2K specs minus the 2 bays.

which is zidoo X and better. haha

Guest wcseow

Lol..at this point I am not sure will move to NAS. I dont think it will be anytime soon even if it happens.

At my age, its enjoy first, dont think too much into future. ??

The design of UHD2000 is target to comsumer group which getting into digital AV and all in one for the Start to cut short the learning curve .

1) enable customer to start networked AV out the box.

2) Multi stream enable.

3) For customer who want to try it out with their digital media for the best SQ with ES 9038 DAC  ( full digital playback with phone apps control support.

Since you already hv a NAS , all you need is a player to playback.

The UHD 2000 not just hv two hdd base , but it hv  also internal  auto/temp cooling fan and also importance that it have the HDD time out that a user can set to reduce the power and spin of hdd to prolong it life cycle to like your NAS.

Anyway, the Zidoo X is under my radar and I will get it once its released

Peng, remember me hor

Sure as always, we will hv pre-release/ follow shipment for the fast hand fast legs[emoji851]

Guest wcseow

The design of UHD2000 is target to comsumer group which getting into digital AV and all in one for the Start to cut short the learning curve .

Like me

??