Apple 4K TV Thread

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 305
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hate the touch pad remote, have to scroll slowly or sure will skip your selection. Too bad not iPhone user...

I use the hdmi cec function to use my TV remote to control ATV, once it is switched ON, specially for browsing through contents.

Guest comfortablynumb

Is there other use of the ATV, if your primary need is just to watch Netflix with DV and Atmos and your TV 's Netflix app already support the 2 formats?

I e found buffering is better on my ADSL connection.

With AppleTV it always feels like HD or UltraHD from the start. It would start off a bit more blocky on my TV’s app

At this age, still has ADSL?

• 2 weeks later...

Hi

I have an Apple 4K TV that when connected to my Onkyo AVR 820 shows resolution is only 1080p.  But when direct connection to my LG C7 shows 4k resolution.  How do I fix this.  My Oppo has no issues to output 4K via AVR to the TV.

Thanks all

• 4 weeks later...

I e found buffering is better on my ADSL connection.

With AppleTV it always feels like HD or UltraHD from the start. It would start off a bit more blocky on my TV’s app

At this age, still has ADSL?

When I had a crappola ADSL connection, I always preferred watching on the AppleTV vs the apps on the Sony/LG TV or on the XBox One X

Apple seemed to have better buffering and although I was told I couldn't get UHD/4K on my old ADSL, the TV apps/XBox said I was getting UHD after about 4-5 minutes of watching. The AppleTV always looked as good from start to finish whereas the TV/XBox apps would start off a bit more grainy before slowly getting to the same quality at the end.

Our national broadband fibre network finally hit the curb outside the home late January and I finally got it hooked up this week. The standard speed was 45Mbps typical and I got them to turn on the 100Mbps boost option. Last night I turned on DisneyPlus on the AppleTV (4K) hooked up to my HT with a Sony 760ES projector to watch the first couple of scenes from Mandalorian, Rogue One and Episode 4.

And I noticed MAJOR MAJOR upgrades on the video quality. Perhaps the biggest improvement was in Episode 4. I already had the movie on the FullHD BluRay from a number of years back but holy crap.. the amount of wear and tear on C3PO and R2.. the smudges on Vader's mask (including how badly constructed it was) and even scuff marks on the Stormtroopers uniform.. was just uncanny.

When I had a crappola ADSL connection, I always preferred watching on the AppleTV vs the apps on the Sony/LG TV or on the XBox One X

Apple seemed to have better buffering and although I was told I couldn't get UHD/4K on my old ADSL, the TV apps/XBox said I was getting UHD after about 4-5 minutes of watching. The AppleTV always looked as good from start to finish whereas the TV/XBox apps would start off a bit more grainy before slowly getting to the same quality at the end.

Our national broadband fibre network finally hit the curb outside the home late January and I finally got it hooked up this week. The standard speed was 45Mbps typical and I got them to turn on the 100Mbps boost option. Last night I turned on DisneyPlus on the AppleTV (4K) hooked up to my HT with a Sony 760ES projector to watch the first couple of scenes from Mandalorian, Rogue One and Episode 4.

And I noticed MAJOR MAJOR upgrades on the video quality. Perhaps the biggest improvement was in Episode 4. I already had the movie on the FullHD BluRay from a number of years back but holy crap.. the amount of wear and tear on C3PO and R2.. the smudges on Vader's mask (including how badly constructed it was) and even scuff marks on the Stormtroopers uniform.. was just uncanny.

Congrats!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Enjoy! These guys are also using ATV4K , in conjunction with a HD fury

[embed=425,349]

[/embed]

Exactly the same settings I’m using except I’m on RGB Low full uncompressed signal over hdmi to the PJ , instead of yCbCr

Enjoy! These guys are also using ATV4K , in conjunction with a HD fury

[embed=425,349]

[/embed]

Exactly the same settings I’m using except I’m on RGB Low full uncompressed signal over hdmi to the PJ , instead of yCbCr

Thanks for sharing, I didn't know that setting SDR can still display HDR contents!