Came across this, this is the HULK of all audio system !! Extracts from avr reviewer Mark. USD3299... singapore tada, can only drool... hehe, this one can recreate volcanic eruption and earthquake feeling, downstairs upstairs Neighbour all jialat... but the centre speaker at the back of the pj screen sounds cool...

[embed=425,349]

[/embed]

Each passive speaker essentially has two 15″ subs built into the vented cabinet. The result is a frequency response specified as 18Hz to 24kHz +/- 3dB, which is a rarefied capability for any speaker.

With 2000 watts RMS power handling, 4-ohm impedance, 95 dB sensitivity, and 128 dB of usable output per speaker, you can just imagine what seven of them can do. And the AXPONA demo was designed to do that.

With this rig, LFE content went to all seven Noesis 215RT speakers. With a pair of Lab Gruppen FP10000Q pro amps providing power, there was no shortage of wattage to run the show. These four-channel amps output 2100 watts per channel into 4 ohm loads, a perfect match for the speakers.

With over 14,000 watts of power on tap, there’s more than enough juice to drive fourteen 15″ drivers. Add the boost in sensitivity using a ported enclosure adds to the equation and you’ve got a recipe for recreating earthquakes and volcanic eruptions.

Jriver fed seven channels of audio to a Motu 1248 audio interface ($1495) which in turn sent analog audio to the amps.

The sound was clean, smooth, and energetic at both low and high volume. Live music sounded live, there was never any hint of strain. Sound like this is intoxicating, you can listen to a low-distortion system all day long and never grow fatigued.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 years later...

Check out the face of youthman on this video, u can see he is absolutely delighted with the JTR S2...

[embed=425,349]

[/embed]

Moving on from the svs to the JTR S2 18”...

Lol no turning back for him, after experiencing ULF down 10hz

Check out the face of youthman on this video, u can see he is absolutely delighted with the JTR S2...

[embed=425,349]

[/embed]

Moving on from the svs to the JTR S2 18”...

Lol no turning back for him, after experiencing ULF down 10hz

smiling ear to ear, can tell he is really pleased, lol....

u can tell clearly right? this guy is a pretty experienced guy, and u can see the delight on his face.

Going from the SVS to the 18' JTR subs, and he acknowledges the rattling in the house is something he needs to fix...If you observe closely, he mentioned that the subs are very clean down low frequencies, i will attribute that mainly to that 4kw speaker power amplifier in use, both designers from JTR and seatons are good colleagues in the past, under the same Danley sifu.

ive been advocating the use of an 18' subs for HT properly time aligned, its just in a different league on its own, u can see how the JTR is pumping out those SPLs with ease... When the subs are in cruising mode.. thats when the real benefits kick in...

Once he enter BEQ with those beast, I believe we will see a big big smile on his face!

• 4 weeks later...

Note from JTR

2020 Axpona, JTR Speakers will be exhibiting in ballroom Nirvava C with 6x Captivator 4000ULF subwoofers, 3x Noesis 215RT front speakers, 6x Noesis 110HT surrounds, 6x Noesis 110HT atmos (overhead) speakers. We'll have a Seymour Screen Excellence screen, Cherry Amplifiers (0hz-100,000hz and +120db s/n), JVC NX9 projector, and High Impact AV installation and Calibration. Our demo material format will be 2x music demos and then 2x movie demos. This way no one has to wait too long to hear what they'd like to hear. There is going to be a total of 8 music demos and 8 movie demos in a 1 hour rotation.

6x captivator ULF4000... for music as well !!  ;D ;D

One of the nicest things with the bigger 18” subs, when I moved from a 12” sub is I enjoy a lot more details at lower frequencies, even for music. I can understand why JTR didn’t see the need to have any 12” subs on demo, all 6x 18” ulf same type subwoofer

I remember seeing the post by BEQ guys, absolutely don’t need another 12” sub for midbass. Multiple 18” can give u the deep bass + midbass, all in one package

I think the real challenge is calibration as the number go up. Let me observe the next thing come axpona. If I’m not mistaken, I suspect they will stack it, or maybe spread evenly throughout the bigger showroom for an even response

Let’s see, will share more info

I remember seeing the post by BEQ guys, absolutely don’t need another 12” sub for midbass. Multiple 18” can give u the deep bass + midbass, all in one package

Good point.

It's really kinda cute that 12" and 18" can give the desired midbass tactile but seems like 15" can't. But many of us have space for 15" subs but probably can't go for 18". I've experienced myself HSU, Rythmik, PSA 15", but all do not give the desired midbass tactile for some reason.

I'm just wondering, which 15" sub in the market today can give us the midbass tactile as the 12" and 18" subs.

Actually a lot of it is to do with the design and Drivers, the kk is designed for midbass, and the 18” u heard at Gavin’s is designed for midbass

The seatons I’m using is designed for 30hz and below, it cant beat the kk when it comes to 50-100hz content. But here is the thing....

Over time I found that lotsa LFE are mastered around 20-70hz. Generally When u  measure this range and find no cancellation in frequencies at MLP, u r good to go. It pretty much covers a lot of the special effects we enjoy most. With the introduction of BEQ, we now have restored ULF content down to 5hz

So 5-70hz. Now looking at the numbers and the movies encoded, it made more sense to focus on subs that can produce good deep bass within this range. Most HK movies have very hot midbass and Hollywood movies deep bass.

So the choice is pretty straight forward, go for the badass sub that can dig Low. When that happens, u have longer wavelengths to deal with. So room is important and bass traps play a huge role

The other thing I noticed was that, if the subs are time aligned, the midbass will be pretty good. It may not be as good as a sub designed for midbass, but it will not be far behind. It will still give u the slam on the chest midbass. This slam feels fuller compared to 12” subs, the slam carries more weight.

Put it this way, 12” midbass = Bruce Lee punches

18” midbass = Mike Tyson punch

It’s not far off really, lotsa variables and sound signature etc all plays a part.

The 3rd benefit, is with 18”, and the subwoofers in cruising mode, that made a helluva difference. An 18” can playback effortless 50hz vs 12”...

As u have experienced the 18” at Gavin’s, does it feel slow compared to the 12” ? 12” being faster is a myth really.... as I’ve discovered

Yea the 18" midbass sound really great. love it. If I had choice and space, i would have got a 18".

But can't fit 18". Max 15".

Hoping that there will be a 15" sub that can give good midbass tactile. Heard from Seaton that his 15" submersive can. But cons is its foam surrounds i think....

• 1 month later...

His set up is quite versatile, easy to access the equipment behind the AT screen. When I was building mine, I was checking out some of his videos for ideas, lotsa great ideas , not bad this guy, quite honest with his reviews and findings

• 2 months later...