• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

Zack Snyder has released a behind the scene sizzle reel of the UK filming of Justice League.

[embed=689,349]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UHH36AdR-k8[/embed]

No sign of Supes in the rumoured black costume. He seems to be in his traditional red costume but of cos he could have a switch midway through the film.

Guest AndrewC

Zack Snyder has released a behind the scene sizzle reel of the UK filming of Justice League.

Jeez, the Flash looks even gay'er than I feared!  :P

• 5 months later...

Justice League Sneak Peek for Trailer this weekend. Unite the League!

[embed=689,349]

[/embed]

The Batmobile is shooting at a parademon! WOW!

[embed=689,349]

[/embed]

[embed=689,349]

[/embed]

[embed=689,349]

[/embed]

[embed=689,349]

[/embed]

Justice League Offical Trailer #1

[embed=689,349]

[/embed]

An old joke finally made it to the big screen.

Barry Allen: What's your super power again?

Bruce Wayne: I'm rich.

Still no sign of Supes. But we are getting our first glimpse of Gordon and Mera. Very apt to use the Beatles 'Come Together' indeed.

When Affleck pulled back his hood on the snow-capped mountain, I have no idea why I kept seeing Juergen Klopp  :)

Anyway, I see all the usual Zack Snyder tropes standing out like sore thumbs. I think I will keep my mouth zipped

By now, all DC fan boys should have already saw the latest Justice League trailer and man, it looked freaking awesome! Here's a fun one made by fan boys on reaction of Avengers watching the trailer for the *first time*...so hilarious and well put together.

[embed=425,349]

[/embed]

Guest AndrewC

... Very apt to use the Beatles 'Come Together' indeed.

There seems to be a clear trend of using cover versions of old hits for movie trailers lately ;D

• 3 months later...

The Comic Con Justice League Sneak Peek is here!

[embed=689,349]

[/embed]

Aquaman got all the cool scene as usual. Surfing a parademon?? Are you kidding me??  :o

And of cos The Flash get to do comics relief as usual. Still no Superman in sight but they tease his return in the end.

• 2 months later...

Just a month plus till Justice League dropped on us. And the final marketing onslaught should begin promptly.

Starting with a new trailer that will debut Sunday (US time presumably)

And here's a recent thing - a teaser for a new trailer.

[embed=689,349]

[/embed]

And here it is.

JUSTICE LEAGUE - Official Heroes Trailer

[embed=689,349]

[/embed]

Guest AndrewC

Hmmm... Who's doing that cover version of Bowie's "Heroes" in that trailer? Not clear enough to Shazam...

(The Flash is really spoiling it for me... reviewers are going to have a field day with that one, the Jar Jar Binks of The Justice League... :P)

• 2 weeks later...

Looks like an earlier report of the film runtime (of 170 mins) has been greatly exaggerated.

The final runtime has now been confirmed at 121mins.

SOURCE: Justice League Runtime Confirmed As DCEU’s Shortest

Of cos, the length of the movie is not always an indication of the movie quality. A good movie can make a long one seems short, just like a terrible movie can make a short one seems long.

I just hope that the shorter runtime is not an extreme reaction to all the adversity for BvS and MoS. If 121 mins is all that is needed to tell the story, then OK.

My biggest concern is that with all that is going on in the movie (setting up Steppenwolf as the villain, the backstory for the origin of the moterboxes, the introduction of 3 new characters and the return of Superman etc), the editing may feel too rushed.

Just under a month away. W00t!!

A series of short introductory clip for the new members of the Justice League for those who may not be familiar with the characters. Worth a look for some additional scene not seen so far in the trailers released so far.

Justice League – Barry Allen aka The Flash

[embed=425,349]

[/embed]

Justice League – Victor Stone aka Cyborg

[embed=425,349]

[/embed]

Justice League – Arthur Curry aka Aquaman

[embed=425,349]

[/embed]

And a couple of TV spots also with some new scenes.

Justice League - The Team - Warner Bros. UK

[embed=425,349]

[/embed]

Justice League - Coming - Warner Bros. UK

[embed=425,349]

[/embed]

Justice League - Friends - Warner Bros. UK

[embed=425,349]

[/embed]

Justice League - Mind/Event

[embed=425,349]

[/embed]

And here a gloried tie-in with Mercedes featuring the AMG Vision Gran Turismo (a concept car driven by Bruce) and a E-Class Cabriolet for Diana.

Justice League: Making-of – with the E-Class Cabriolet & Vision Gran Turismo

[embed=425,349]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OVCjhR7ltJM[/embed]

• 3 weeks later...

This is bad. Yes, there is some fun to be had but overall it’s just plain bad. The good news is that it is better than BvS and it is a shorter torture at 2 hours. I walked out of the cinema shaking my head with the dead ringing still in my ears. The editing is just clumsy and clunky that it looks like it was made by two directors. The first act could have been a joy-filled Magnificent Seven recruitment exercise but it becomes a joyless lamer. Whatever promise Wonder Woman has bestowed upon us, is gone quicker than all the multiple times parts of her body being objectified with the male eye. Talking about characters, Aquaman is reduced to a hairy dude with a pitchfork - he sure got the short end of the stick. There are zilch memorable lines and “you smell good” doesn’t constitute good writing. I hate CGI laden movies with no real handle on reality, this is it, even the CGI looks pasty. The worst thing of all is the villain Steppenwolf who is all CGI. I don’t get the who, what, where, when and how about him, such a badly drawn villain that doesn’t bring any stakes at all.

But WTF, you still have to see it for yourself.

3 / 5

The editing is just clumsy and clunky that it looks like it was made by two directors.

Totally agree that the flow was choppy at best. It also felt like they were rushing through various sub-plots, and gave the choppy feel.

Talking about characters, Aquaman is reduced to a hairy dude with a pitchfork - he sure got the short end of the stick.

Never understood why people liked this version of Aquaman. The first time I saw Mamoa as Aquaman, I already though there was something wrong with the casting. The character of Aquaman was really pathetic, with hardly any clue why he acts that way. Perhaps the solo movie will tell us more.

The ending was a bit abrupt, I thought. It strangely reminded me a little of Avengers: Age of Ultron...