mojo review at HFNRR

Guest AndrewC

If you check out what Ted has been working on, it has nothing to do with adding filters or additional processing. It's got to do with optimizing the code to reduce background noise.

Precisely! Merely more refinement/tweaking thats not gonna give users a day & night difference in sonic quality ;)

I definitely think Ted will take another shot at this with updated hardware (I give it at the most 14 months for first customer ship... maybe an announcement at High End Munich'17 in mid May, if not, then RMAF in Oct'17, or worse case, definitely at CES'18 ;D )

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Precisely! Merely more refinement/tweaking thats not gonna give users a day & night difference in sonic quality ;)

I definitely think Ted will take another shot at this with updated hardware (I give it at the most 14 months for first customer ship... maybe an announcement at High End Munich'17 in mid May, if not, then RMAF in Oct'17, or worse case, definitely at CES'18 ;D )

Oddly enough these tweaks make a huge difference in sound. The last update Torrey was substantial. He's just optimizing different sections of the code.

Fantastic endorsement of the Chord Mojo! :)

http://www.stereophile.com/content/graham-nash-tries-out-audeze-el-8-headphones-and-chord-mojo

(he's listening to a redbook track though, not even high-rez :P)

Hi Bros,

Planning to buy the Chord Mojo to use with the Iphone 7, auditioned it with  Audeze isine 10 , fantastic sound but too many connections if using the Iphone 7. 

Could the existing Chord mojo be connected to the Mojo Play which is to be released sometime this year?

Anyone using the Chord Mojo with the Iphone 7 , please share your experience.

Thanks

Thanks

Hi Bros,

Planning to buy the Chord Mojo to use with the Iphone 7, auditioned it with  Audeze isine 10 , fantastic sound but too many connections if using the Iphone 7. 

Could the existing Chord mojo be connected to the Mojo Play which is to be released sometime this year?

Thanks

Thanks

You got PM. The device is called Poly - not Mojo Play

http://www.head-fi.org/t/831347/chord-electronics-poly-advanced-wireless-microsd-module-for-mojo-specs-in-1st-post

Guest AndrewC

Oddly enough these tweaks make a huge difference in sound. The last update Torrey was substantial. He's just optimizing different sections of the code.

While I didn’t do a direct A/B comparison, I did hear the updated DS DAC at A&L; didn’t strike me as “huge” difference at all, and seems quite a few people prefers one or more of the previous code. Definitely doesn't constitute a dramatic improvement in sonics in my books :P

Hi Bros,

The iPhone 7 uses exactly the same lightning port as the iPhone 6… Details of how best to connect the Mojo is in my post immediate after the one you quoted :P

http://www.xtremeplace.com/yabbse/index.php?topic=220028.msg1125764#msg1125764

While I didn’t do a direct A/B comparison, I did hear the updated DS DAC at A&L; didn’t strike me as “huge” difference at all, and seems quite a few people prefers one or more of the previous code. Definitely doesn't constitute a dramatic improvement in sonics in my books :P

You might have been comparing different versions of Torrey beta. Torrey was a big step up from Pikes Peak. IMHO.

And A&L with all due respect has one of the worst rooms for auditioning. The reflections always gets to me.

Guest AndrewC

And A&L with all due respect has one of the worst rooms for auditioning. The reflections always gets to me.

No argument from me on that point! ;D

Where do you buy the -  Lavricable Lightning-to-USB Micro cable made with 4 cores of AWG28 6N pure silver wire in a woven-teflon insulated litz configuration - Thanks

Konstatin @ Lavricable. You can reach him on Audiogon, or Lavricable directly (which you would have eventually got to had you clicked on the Lavricable link I included in that review post... just looked at the pretty pictures eh :P)

Guest AndrewC

The Poly looks really good. Might finally take the dive

Be aware of the price point though, it’s practically the price as the Mojo @ £500, and availability is only around March ;D

That said, IMHO the Mojo-Poly combination, can easily rival home Transport/DAC system many times it’s price & size! :)

Be aware of the price point though, it’s practically the price as the Mojo @ £500, and availability is only around March ;D

That said, IMHO the Mojo-Poly combination, can easily rival home Transport/DAC system many times it’s price & size! :)

I beg to differ, based on the comments on headfi, Poly is more expensive than the Mojo :0

Guest AndrewC

I beg to differ, based on the comments on headfi, Poly is more expensive than the Mojo :0

Well, I hate to be pedantic, but the Poly’s MSRP has already been announced to be £500 (ok, £499 actually), you can find it here and here and here, and here… The Mojo’s current street price in Singapore is S$900 (I believe, inclusive of GST), which at today’s currency conversion rate is £516. Assuming the local dealers don’t stray from the Poly's MSRP, when you add GST on top of that, the Singapore price should be $929.

So, unless I’m missing something here, (according to my wallet, at an extra $29), the Poly is practically the same price as the Mojo ;D

• 1 month later...

Well, I hate to be pedantic, but the Poly’s MSRP has already been announced to be £500 (ok, £499 actually), you can find it here and here and here, and here… The Mojo’s current street price in Singapore is S$900 (I believe, inclusive of GST), which at today’s currency conversion rate is £516. Assuming the local dealers don’t stray from the Poly's MSRP, when you add GST on top of that, the Singapore price should be $929.

So, unless I’m missing something here, (according to my wallet, at an extra $29), the Poly is practically the same price as the Mojo ;D

You are definitely missing something

Poly: $629 USD (Inc. GST $981 SGD), will you say extra $81

http://www.head-fi.org/t/838096/new-chord-electronics-poly-hugo-2-preorders-available-now