4k Blu Ray Player Discussion Thread

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Not exceeding $500... Hmmm... that's going to be very hard.

After the UBP203 "demise" heat cooled and dust settled... ...the "Ghost" of UBP203 appears with another name and look...internally "soulless".

Ehhh... no idea. I just come across the clip last nite when i was watching youtube on TV. Probably have to go to TaoBao or other China platforms to search for this specific model. I don't think

Posted Images

The problem with the smaller brands is service and support

new equipment needs firmware updates and for such a company to succeed they must make sure the product works without snafus 

Locally, PohKim carries and sells code free DVD player which comes with warranty of 1yr.

Thru some chitchat, i found that they had brought a small amount of GIEC FHD BluRay player which are region free supposedly on both BD and DVD playback, and sell thru their branches with limited quantities.

So... let's say we bought a GIEC UHD player from overseas, faced hardware issue, maybe we can approach PohKim for assistance to send for repair to China as PK doesn't do local repairs?

I perhaps need to dig out some more info from them... in my next visit.

GIEC players is available widely in Malaysia.

https://shopee.com.my/shop/27056491/search?originalCategoryId=15185&page=0

Malaysian seller offers 1yr warranty to Malaysian market...

• 3 weeks later...

After the UBP203 "demise" heat cooled and dust settled...

...the "Ghost" of UBP203 appears with another name and look...internally "soulless".

Nice.

Any worthy oppo 203/205 successor yet? Is this the one 

Hope we can find oppo 203/205 successor b4 it sunsets ?

Edited by kopidilo

16 minutes ago, petetherock said:

Nice, how much is it?

Ehhh... no idea. I just come across the clip last nite when i was watching youtube on TV. Probably have to go to TaoBao or other China platforms to search for this specific model.

14 minutes ago, kopidilo said:

Nice.

Any worthy oppo 203/205 successor yet? Is this the one 

Hope we can find oppo 203/205 successor b4 it sunsets ?

I don't think so... as i mentioned, "internally soulless". When you look at the uncased internal, the layout is as "economical" as other typical BluRay player you may come across in the market.

Panasonic's UB820/9000 looks much more better in ingredients than this "Ghost".

15 minutes ago, YANG said:

Ehhh... no idea. I just come across the clip last nite when i was watching youtube on TV. Probably have to go to TaoBao or other China platforms to search for this specific model.

I don't think so... as i mentioned, "internally soulless". When you look at the uncased internal, the layout is as "economical" as other typical BluRay player you may come across in the market.

Sigh...

panny player's disc playback good but the limitation is usb file support not good 

So sad... ?Till today, really got no player that can go near oppo... ? 

Edited by kopidilo
1 hour ago, YANG said:

their own taobao website price

https://item.taobao.com/item.htm?spm=a1z10.1-c.w4004-22913261096.6.2c29235cFU5gs0&id=630791433658

Ohhh... So pricing is dependent on package one!!! Basic configuration is roughly abt $800, goes high according to HDD package we choose. Just wondering, will the HDD be installed internally like GIEC BDP5800 or just external connecting HDD?

Edited by YANG
1 hour ago, YANG said:

Ohhh... So pricing is dependent on package one!!! Basic configuration is roughly abt $800, goes high according to HDD package we choose. Just wondering, will the HDD be installed internally like GIEC BDP5300/5500/5800 or just external connecting HDD?

Ok..asked the shop already. Is external connecting.

he said the other model like this is internal

https://m.tb.cn/h.4npOz6n?sm=bf72b9  

O1CN011dr18B1egFGWtstla_!!1019073900.jpg

Looks machiam like GIEC makes... Busy innards, but Better impression.

Edited by YANG