4k Blu Ray Player Discussion Thread

5 hours ago, cracker said:

Hi Cash,

Thank you for the information....  is bdp 93 a better package compare to the BDT101 in term of audio playback via HDMI ?

I have been trying to read all the various comments... most of them are on BDT101 vs BDP 103.

Thank you.

Hi bro

As discussed, most Oppo players are good, but do note that they will also age... and that means the most vunerable part, the laser mechanism will slowly deteriorate.

So I won't advocate getting an older player.

If quality SACD playback is very important, a new / newer player will be my suggestion. 

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Not exceeding $500... Hmmm... that's going to be very hard.

6 minutes ago, petetherock said:

Hi bro

As discussed, most Oppo players are good, but do note that they will also age... and that means the most vunerable part, the laser mechanism will slowly deteriorate.

So I won't advocate getting an older player.

If quality SACD playback is very important, a new / newer player will be my suggestion. 

Yeah that is my main concern..... cos of most of the Oppo 9x & 10x are > 5 years even though the sellers mentioned their units are seldom used... and spending $5xx only to “touch wood” for it to mati...

While most of the BDT being advertised are typically average  4 years.

Some will say I will have to suck it up cos the number of units available in Sgp is very limited.

Anyone here want to sell their universal player to me at a reasonable price?

Lolxxx

headache..