4k Blu Ray Player Discussion Thread

5 hours ago, cracker said:

Hi Cash,

Thank you for the information....  is bdp 93 a better package compare to the BDT101 in term of audio playback via HDMI ?

I have been trying to read all the various comments... most of them are on BDT101 vs BDP 103.

Thank you.

Hi bro

As discussed, most Oppo players are good, but do note that they will also age... and that means the most vunerable part, the laser mechanism will slowly deteriorate.

So I won't advocate getting an older player.

If quality SACD playback is very important, a new / newer player will be my suggestion. 

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Not exceeding $500... Hmmm... that's going to be very hard.

After the UBP203 "demise" heat cooled and dust settled... ...the "Ghost" of UBP203 appears with another name and look...internally "soulless".

Ehhh... no idea. I just come across the clip last nite when i was watching youtube on TV. Probably have to go to TaoBao or other China platforms to search for this specific model. I don't think

Posted Images

6 minutes ago, petetherock said:

Hi bro

As discussed, most Oppo players are good, but do note that they will also age... and that means the most vunerable part, the laser mechanism will slowly deteriorate.

So I won't advocate getting an older player.

If quality SACD playback is very important, a new / newer player will be my suggestion. 

Yeah that is my main concern..... cos of most of the Oppo 9x & 10x are > 5 years even though the sellers mentioned their units are seldom used... and spending $5xx only to “touch wood” for it to mati...

While most of the BDT being advertised are typically average  4 years.

Some will say I will have to suck it up cos the number of units available in Sgp is very limited.

Anyone here want to sell their universal player to me at a reasonable price?

Lolxxx

headache..

• 1 month later...
3 hours ago, petetherock said:

All hail the new Oppo:

https://www.reavon.com/reavon-ubr-x200

Looks exciting, any local dealers wanna take this up? 

Looks interesting. You beat me to this thread to post it up ?

We're attempting to get one in for review to put through its paces.

Edgy design cues

REAVON-UBR-X200-4000x1083.webp

look very much like those french brand media players...

ZIDOO-UHD2000_1-1024x678.jpg

...maybe the disc player using the same decoding electronics as with the media streamer/players?

Anyway, hopefully the price will be as competitive as the media streamer/player...

No Int'l pricing released yet, but so far €800 and €1600. Not cheap at all.

34 minutes ago, YANG said:

...maybe the disc player using the same decoding electronics as with the media streamer/players?

Anyway, hopefully the price will be as competitive as the media streamer/player...

My guess is price will be competitive, but firmware will be quite buggy...

(from my experience with Z9X)

Spoke to Reavon, it's just a lot of hype at the moment.

It is a little bit too soon to send you a player since we are still working on it

I'm glad they're not rushing it to market full of bugs though.

Well... they had put out prototype picture, but no disclaimer indicating that "Final Product Subjected to Change on Aesthetics and Specifications"...?

Price wise, i still feel that Panny UB9k is still the competitive top of the range High-End from Panasonic, second to what Pioneer may offer...

Too bad that there wasn't any hack to put in a disc reader into those media player-streamer like Zidoo or Dune or Zappiti or E-Great yet...

Something like this will be very perfect!

(view this clip thru desktop/laptop computer browser, allows you to activate Auto-Translate function to turn the french subtitle to English or other language)