4k Blu Ray Player Discussion Thread

Finally took the plunge and bought the Panasonic DMP-UB900 here in Sydney for A$456 to match my UHD Samsung TV. I have pure HDMI silver cables which is about 5 years old. How do I know that it will support 4K? Thanks

The sony UBP-x800 has a price drop to US$245 and shipping cost reduced from US$50 to US$31 at amazon.

Cost is about SG$380. Downside is no international warranty and u need a stepdown transformer

Previously 1 month ago. It was US$269 with a US$50 shipping fee.

the philips bdp7501 4k ultra hd bluray player with wifi is currently going for only us$138. grab it while stocks last and when the usd is at hovering a low 1.36 ;D

https://www.amazon.com/Philips-BDP7501-Ultra-Blu-Ray-Player/dp/B01FWKIGFS?psc=1&SubscriptionId=AKIAJ7T5BOVUVRD2EFYQ&tag=cameltopdrops-20&linkCode=xm2&camp=2025&creative=165953&creativeASIN=B01FWKIGFS

71WES4lANGL._SL1500_.jpg

The sony UBP-x800 has a price drop to US$245 and shipping cost reduced from US$50 to US$31 at amazon.

Cost is about SG$380. Downside is no international warranty and u need a stepdown transformer

Previously 1 month ago. It was US$269 with a US$50 shipping fee.

Hi Channy, guys,

Any recommendations of step down transformers to get in Singapore and its price range. Have been wanting a player. Sony seems to be my choice. Budget around there. Really feel like taking the dive and click "order" from Amazon US. ?[emoji28]

Thanks, teaport.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

the philips bdp7501 4k ultra hd bluray player with wifi is currently going for only us$138. grab it while stocks last and when the usd is at hovering a low 1.36 ;D

https://www.amazon.com/Philips-BDP7501-Ultra-Blu-Ray-Player/dp/B01FWKIGFS?psc=1&SubscriptionId=AKIAJ7T5BOVUVRD2EFYQ&tag=cameltopdrops-20&linkCode=xm2&camp=2025&creative=165953&creativeASIN=B01FWKIGFS

71WES4lANGL._SL1500_.jpg

EDIT:

Seems that this Phillips does Not have a universal voltage.. :(

unfortunately it is 120v but the step down transformer is less than s$20 readily available at your local hardware store. so for less than s$200 in total you get yourself a 4k bluray player that is universally known to be better than the samsung ubd-k8500. what a bargain, dont you think ;D

There is also a switching power adaptor for the BDP7501 sold by 3rd party but shipping is more ex than the item itself.

https://www.amazon.com/UpBright-Adapter-Philips-N1070UH-Switching/dp/B01KZGWZYC/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1502863596&sr=1-1&keywords=n1070uh

unfortunately it is 120v but the step down transformer is less than s$20 readily available at your local hardware store. so for less than s$200 in total you get yourself a 4k bluray player that is universally known to be better than the samsung ubd-k8500. what a bargain, dont you think ;D

no brainer exactly ;D

If your shipment had not been shipped, you can cancel and re-order again to get the lower price for the Philips. But if other items price went up then no point.

No need cancel order to get cheaper price as you can contact Amazon to ask for reduced price, I have done it before. They are more than happy to give you the reduced price.

It's US150.37 for BDP7501 now with free shipping.

yes i suspect many of us proceeded to check out the player which alerted amazon to raise the price but still it does not matter as it is by our local standards, still cheap ;D