I, Robot: Two Disc Limited Edition Collector's Tin - Exclusive to Amazon.co.uk

Ironic that after years of R1 superiority, you now see a case where R2 has superior extras (even in the regular release and not just this LE tin).  And of course Troy has been out on R3 for a while now, yet is only available next month in R1, and presumably with the same extras only.

• 3 weeks later...

• 1 month later...

The original notion that R3 was better than R1 was made early on when the R1 editions were still single disc.

With this new batch of 2-disc R1s, its yet to be seen if the pq/sq on the R1 would better the R3......

For now, the R1 looks nicer than the R3 solely because of the casing. Heck, even the R2 looks better than R1. But a person that is not affected by nice casing of great collectors pack and just want the movie with good quality pq/sq to watch, the R3 2-disc version is more than enough.

Same goes for any of the 20th Fox R3 releases. I find them of consistently good quality.

Columbia Tristar, Paramount, Warner, Universal, Dreamworks are good.

I personally don't really thing Warner has got good transfer or quality.  But I know Warner R3 is as consistent with their R1s,.

Which means that if R3 has got flaws, the R1 will also have the exact same flaw.

Oh thanks I know about region-coding. Just didn't know if that was what was meant here, or if you meant release, since I assumed each release would have different features, and didn't associate different region coding having different features. Nor did it ever cross my mind that there are people who'd actually buy from different regions just to access certain features! Thought it was just all in the geographic playability.